Is it possible to put a regular king mattress on my split king adjustable bed base?



Jessica writes:

Hi TME,

Is it possible to put a regular king mattress on my split king adjustable bed base?
I don’t really use the bases anymore to raise the two sides separately, now that it’s just me using my bed.
I don’t really have a need to split the two sides anymore and I pretty much only use the lights that are installed in the base. 
I could just take the base out and install the wood slats that came with my frame, but I do like to use the lights every night, so if I could put a regular king size mattress on the split king base, that would be great. 
Not sure if that would impact the balance of the mattress or not. 
Thanks, Jessica 

Hi Jessica,

Yes—you absolutely can use a standard king-size mattress on a split king adjustable bed base. It won't hurt the mattress or the bases at all.

To make both sides move together, look underneath each adjustable base. Most models have a small A/B switch. Set both bases to the same setting (either A or B) and set one remote to that same setting as well.  Once they're paired, both adjustable bases will operate in unison from a single remote, allowing you to raise and lower a regular king mattress just as you would on a one-piece adjustable base.

As long as both bases stay level and move together, the mattress will be fully supported and balanced. This is a simple solution that lets you continue enjoying the convenience of your adjustable base, including those under-bed lights.


Thanks, TME 


Questions? 


TME Website: https://themattressexpert.com/


Delivery is Always Free 
Online Ordering is Easy & Secure.
Visa, M/C, Discover, Amex
Financing Available 

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram 

Comments