Lower Back Pain on a Tempur-Pedic Mattress.



Michael writes: 

Hi Pete,

We recently purchased the Tempur-Pedic mattress, but unfortunately, it appears I'm one of the few people who can't sleep comfortably on this mattress. 

My mid-section begins to sag in the middle and causes lower back pain every morning. 

My wife and I have been sleeping on this mattress for about 45 days now, so we're still within the return policy time frame.

I'm a tall guy (6'3") of average weight (200lbs).

My wife is 5'10" and about the same weight as me. 

She initially had back pain but eventually got used to it, until recently. 

Have you had similar complaints from other people regarding Tempurpedic mattresses? If so, what bed did they switch to? 

I've been going back to the mattress store to try other beds. 

We only get 1 re-select, so I have to find something I can rest well on for years to come. I'm torn between getting a standard spring mattress or a memory foam/spring combination mattress. 

I like the feel of the memory foam but am worried about the durability over time. I'm disappointed because I REALLY wanted to like the Tempur-Pedic. 

I could use some sagely advice before I make a final decision.

Thanks, Michael 

 

Michael,

You're not alone. And there’s a lot more than just a few of you.

There are tons of complaints about that type of mattress, usually coming after the trial period has expired. You’re one of the luckier ones.

Memory foam, in general, is not all it's cracked up to be. If I were you, I'd draw from your current experience and avoid memory foam altogether. It’s the memory foam that allows you to sink, which causes your body to be misaligned, which is causing your back pain.


An individually pocketed coil mattress that’s upholstered with latex or polyurethane…anything but memory foam, will be your best option. 


At TME, we offer NO mattresses that are upholstered with memory foam.

https://www.themattressexpert.com/#/


In lieu of Tempur-Pedic, we feature Magniflex…a superior mattress, by far.

https://www.themattressexpert.com/magniflex.html#/





Thanks, Pete - TME

Delivery is Always Free 
Online Ordering is Easy & Secure.
Visa, M/C, Discover, Amex
Or Choose 4 Interest Free Bi-Monthly Payments with afterpay

Always:
Use a waterproof mattress protector. 
Your new mattress will last longer if kept it clean and dry.

Follow us on Facebook 

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments