A Mattress for my mother.

Omar writes: 

Hello Pete,

I have bought at least four mattresses from you over many years, and I would like one more, please.  
The mattress is for my mother, who is 72.  I don't think she knows what she wants. 
She does have some nerve pain and is of a fairly average build.  150 lbs. maybe (?)
The only benchmarks I have are:
(1) Simmons Beautyrest World Class Raleigh (Queen, Plush Firm) - 
I got this for my mom back in 2014, on your recommendation.  
I ended up keeping the mattress and slept on it for a couple of years. It has held up very well. 
My mom slept on it recently for almost two weeks when she came to visit me. She did not complain.
(2) Ever Eden Firm Dunlop and medium (2" Talalay) latex topper.  This was for my girlfriend and I.  
I love this mattress, and it is towards the soft side.  
I'm so used to this that the Simmons Beautyrest Raleigh feels too firm when I spend the odd night on it.
 
I see that your mattress lineup has changed.  
I'd be looking to get a queen mattress, and am not wedded to all-latex for this new mattress.  
What would you recommend?  
Whatever you recommend, would you please include a recommendation for a latex mattress as well?
I'll let her decide if she is willing to pay a higher price to get latex.  
 
Thank you so much for your help!
With Best Regards, Omar
 
Hi Omar,
I’m happy to see you back.
Much has changed.
Simmons was bought by an investment group and the quality is nowhere near as good as it had been.
Ever Eden’s supply lines were badly affected by the pandemic. They have switched from latex to memory foam.
We no longer carry either brand because of all this.An excellent low cost choice is this mattress, which is similarly made like the Simmons Beautyrest:
The Wolf Tulah Luxury Plush Eurotop Mattress also uses an individually pocketed coil system.
Click on this link to view specifications and prices:
 


The Natura mattress comes with white glove delivery.
The Wolf mattress arrives via ups.
Delivery is free
 
Thanks, Pete 
 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
 
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
 
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments