Simmons Beautyrest Black Lexi Mattress. Overdue for a replacement.

Karen writes: 

Hi Pete, 

You helped me 12 years ago with a purchase of a Simmons Beautyrest Black Lexi Mattress.
(You were beyond helpful). I’m overdue for a replacement. 
I perused your website tonight and have some questions about your mattresses. 
I feel like I’ve already learned a lot about the value of latex! 
Size: queen set with box spring/foundation and a "high profile"
Firmness: looking for very firm. 
My current mattress, while called very firm, was in a way too soft due to the memory foam (not pillow top) layer on top - so I don't want anything that would feel poofy. 
That said, I also don't want to feel like I'm sleeping on a wood floor. :-)
Users: just me, 58, 5'4" 135lbs. I'm a stomach and sometimes side sleeper
Physical ailments: back pain, sciatica, bad shoulder, tennis elbow, and frequently stiff neck
Thank you, Karen
 
Hi Karen,
Just to give you an overview of what’s been going on since you bought that mattress…Simmons, along with all of the other major brands, has been sold to investors. Their focus is now on profits instead of quality.
The memory foam they’re using is designed to cause a mattress to need frequent replacing. In other words, they’ve all gone bad.
We have shopped for higher quality products that are long-lasting.
The Williams Mattress Co. is one such brand.
It uses the same type of individually pocketed coil system for support that you’ve 
been used to with your Beautyrest.
The upholstery, however, is far superior…Organic Latex.
Latex has been the best upholstery material for the last 100+ years.
It’s a produces unique feel, creating the feeling that you’re floating.
The Williams York Mattress is their firmest and least expensive, but certainly all you’ll need.
Shown Here:
The Magniflex KD Foundation comes high or low profile, an upholstered foundation, 
it’s available in 3 colors….black, gray or brown.
It assembles quite easily, requiring no tools.
Shown here:

This mattress comes with white glove delivery, brought it into your bedroom, unpacked and placed on your foundation and includes remove all the packaging materials.
Your neck pain is better addressed with a pillow.
The PureBliss Latex Pillows are excellent and last for years.
For really bad chronic neck pain, the shredded latex pillow allows you to manipulate the pillow so that it fits around your head and neck anyway you want.
I prefer the Classic, as it’s very soft.
I have arthritis on one side of my neck and rarely have neck pain using it.
Here’s a link to those:
Delivery is Free.
The shoulder problem is something I deal with constantly.
I find that putting my weight on either shoulder causes pain, even with a soft topper under me. 
I find that if I lean a little to my front or a little back, it takes the pressure off of my shoulders. 
(I have 2 torn rotator cuffs).
Thanks, Pete 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments