Lower back pain on a Saatva Mattress.

 Ann writes:

Hi Pete,
I had a Stearns and Foster Provençal pillow-top mattress for years. 
I recently replaced it with a Saatva Classic Plush Mattress. 
I’ve been sleeping on it for about a month. In the past two weeks I’ve started to have lower back pain. 
I’m small and light, so I was told a plush mattress would be most suitable for me.
I am primarily a side and stomach sleeper. 
I’m confused: on one hand, OUCH when I wake up, but I still feel very well rested.
Thanks so much, Ann
Hi Ann,
The problem you’re experiencing is the same as with most people in today’s mattress market. 
The memory foam upholstery is causing your back pain...not providing proper spinal support.
I hear a lot of complaints about Saatva mattresses.
Then again, I hear a lot of complaints about mattresses in general that are upholstered with memory foam.
Memory foam is thee thing to avoid if you hope to make a successful purchase.
The first thing to do is flip your mattress over.
This puts the memory foam side down and brings the coils closer to the surface.
If you have something to soften it, like a comforter, you should use it.
This trick costs you nothing to try and works more times than not.
If that works, a permanent solution is to add a Soft Latex Mattress Topper.
Latex provides a unique feel...like you're floating.
The very best of them is the Suite Sleep Pure Vita Talalay Latex Topper.
Shown here:






My wife and I are large people and have been using this same latex topper for years.
FedEx Shipping is Fast and Free.
Thanks, Pete 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments