A mattress for a big guy with extreme back pain.

Bill writes: 

Hi Pete,

I'm a big guy, 250 lbs. I have herniated discs that cause me extreme back pain.
Over the last few years, I've purchased 3 mattresses that the salesperson said would relieve my pain.
And while they helped, it was only for a short while, and then my back pain returned worse than before.
I could never figure out what the problem was.
I've spent the last couple of days reading your blog posts and have come to learn that the mattresses I've purchased have memory foam, and that it's the memory foam making my back worse...and that I've been lied to all along.
I've read that you and your wife are large people and that you have a bad back, as well.
I know that you have the Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush Mattress.
OK, I'm sold!
My question is about the ultra plush. I worry that it will be too soft.
Should I, perhaps, go with the Plush or Luxury Firm models?
I do like a firmer feel.
Thanks, Bill
Hi Bill,
I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog posts. 
It's gratifying to know that you've gleaned the information you needed to make the right choice. 
Since you like a firmer feel, the Plush or Luxury Firm would be the prudent choice.
Frankly, they don't feel very much different from one another.
The nice thing about opting for a firmer mattress is that you can easily soften the surface if it turns out to be too firm.
It's much more difficult to firm up a too soft mattress.
The latex upholstery and the extremely high coil count translate into long lasting back pain relief.
The mattress my wife and I have is more than 9 years old and still in like new condition.
Here's a link to the Natura of Canada Greenspring line of mattresses:
https://www.themattressexpert.com/natura_mattresses.html#/

White Glove Delivery is Free.
Thanks, Pete 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
https://www.themattressexpert.com/protectors_and_encasements.html#/
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments