A mattress to relieve chronic back pain.

Jim writes: 

Hi Pete,

I need a mattress that will relieve my chronic back pain.
I’ve purchased a number of mattresses over the last 5 years and none of them did the job for more than a few months.
I’m a large man, 6’ 3”, 250 lbs. my wife is smaller, but not petite.
(She won’t tell me how much she weighs).
Anyway, after reading so many of your blog posts, I’m convinced that the Natura of Canada Greenspring is the way to go. But, which one?
I know you like the Ultra Plush model, but I worry that it will be too soft.
Before I place my order, I’d like to get your thoughts.
Thanks, Jim 
Hi Jim,
I, too, suffer from chronic back pain and have for the last 20+ years.
My wife and I sleep on the Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush and have for the past 9 years. This mattress allows me to sleep and wake without back pain, even after doing stupid stuff I shouldn’t be doing at my age.
The high quality of the components makes all of their mattresses firmer than they sound. The Ultra Plush is ultra plush in relation to the other models in that line.
It is much firmer than any ‘ultra plush’ mattress you’ll find in stores.
My wife and I are, each, over 200 lbs. 
We had to add a soft latex topper to ours to accommodate my wife’s sensitive hip.
Since you have a female sharing the mattress with you, go with the Ultra Plush.
Here’s a link to that mattress, showing specifications and prices.

Also, we’ve recently acquired The Williams Co. line of mattresses.
These are similarly made to the Natura of Canada Greenspring, but fully Organic.
Shown here:





Both brands come with Free, White Glove Delivery.
Thanks, Pete 
Never:
Use an old box spring/foundation with any new mattress. 
Doing so voids the warranty of the mattress.
Always:
Use a waterproof mattress protector. 
Your new mattress will last longer if kept clean and dry.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter 
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments