A raging case of sciatica on a new Simmons Beautyrest Mattress.

Sue writes: 

Hi Pete,

We made the decision to replace my 20-year-old Sealy Posturepedic mattress.
I went to my local store and spent hours trying out various mattresses before deciding on a Simmons Beautyrest, which felt absolutely wonderful in the store.
The first night I slept on the new mattress, the mid-back pain I had been living with had dissipated.
But after three nights on this new mattress, that mild ache has been replaced by a raging case of sciatica! 
Is this normal? My husband also has new back pains he has never had before.
What can we do? 
Thanks, Sue
Hi Sue,
It's the memory foam in your new mattress that's causing your pain.
As memory foam warms from your body heat, it softens, allowing the heavier parts of your body to sink.
This throws off the natural alignment of your spine, causing all sorts of problems.
Your 20-year-old Sealy mattress had no memory foam in it.
What to do?...return that mattress and get one without any memory foam in it.
My recommendation is the same mattress my wife and I sleep on at home.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush Mattress
Shown here:

I have had a very bad back for the last 20 years.
Since sleeping on this mattress, starting 9 years ago, I sleep and wake with NO Back Pain.
White Glove Delivery is Free.
Delivery is Free
Thanks, Pete 
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of any mattress, keeping it clean and dry.
Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com
Voicemail: 856-874-6894
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Comments