Simmons Beautyrest Recharge World Class Teagan Luxury Firm Mattress.

Pamela writes: 

Hello Pete,

I bought a Simmons Beautyrest Recharge World Class Teagan Luxury Firm Mattress. 
After reading your blog, I added your 2" latex topper, as per your suggestions. 
It's been several years, now, and I am very happy with the outcome.
I imagine I will need to replace the mattress in the not-too-distant future. 
What has replaced the above Beautyrest? 
Is it still a good product? 
Suggestions?
Best Regards, Pamela
Hi Pamela,
The main purpose of adding the latex topper was to extend the life of the mattress.
At this point, I want to make sure that you actually need to replace the mattress and not just the topper.
Have you inspected the mattress without the topper?
Thanks, Pete
**************
Hi Pete,
Thanks so much for your reply. Good question; I have thought about the condition of the topper too. 
I am not going to buy a new mattress any time soon, but have been thinking about what I might get next. 
I see you no longer recommend Beautyrest (?), so I'm wondering what you suggest as a replacement.
I have not been able to inspect the mattress carefully. Arthritis keeps me from moving/lifting things. 
The building maintenance guy is going to help me.
Anyway, I really appreciate your input.
Cheers, Pamela
Hi Pamela,
What makes a Beautyrest such a good mattress is the individually pocketed coils, that contour to the body. What makes is such a bad mattress, these days, is the memory foam upholstery.
So, when the time comes, look for a mattress with that type of coil system and no memory foam.
This Brolynn Old Fashioned Two Sided Mattress in Plush is an excellent choice.
The coils are stronger than the Simmons coils and the upholstery is natural plant based polyurethane foam.
It doesn’t require a latex topper for durability.
Here’s the link to that mattress.


If my suspicion is correct, you may only need to replace the topper.
If so, this Natura Talalay Latex Mattress Topper in Plush, will continue to do the job.

Shipping is always free.
************
Thanks, as always, Pete.
I will keep your advice in mind if/when I need to replace the mattress. 
However, I am addicted to the feel of the latex topper, not for mattress durability, but for the comfort it provides to my arthritic bones.
Cheers, Pamela
Thanks, Pete 
You Should Know 
Using an old box spring to support any new mattress will cause premature wear and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of a mattress by keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry.
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments