Memory foam mattress is hurting my back.

Bruce writes: 

Hello Pete,

I am 74 and currently sleeping on a memory foam mattress, which is hurting my back.
I flipped it and put a latex topper on it, which I had seen you recommend to others..  
My back still bothers me.  I am a side sleeper, 5'10" and 175 pounds.  
Do you have a recommendation or two for a possible mattress for me?
Best regards, Bruce
Hi Bruce,
No one even close to your age should consider and all foam mattress...
...not even all latex, which is the best of them.
What an all-foam mattress does not provide is the pushback support against your spine... that an older back requires, since the discs are sure to have worn.
It's the kind of support you can only get with an innerspring mattress.
Specifically, an individually pocketed coil unit, which contours to the shape of the body and maintains the natural alignment of the spine. This type of support is ideal for relieving chronic back pain.
Here is a link to the Wolf Jessica, a Pocketed Coil mattress.
Both use an individually pocketed coil unit, which contours to the shape of the body and maintains the natural alignment of the spine.
This mattress provides firm, contouring support, so you should continue to use your latex topper with it, for additional surface comfort you're sure to want.
UPS shipping is free

Thanks, Pete 
You Should Know 
Using an old box spring to support any new mattress will cause premature wear and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of a mattress by keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry.
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments