Tried Tempur-Pedic and a Select Comfort Mattress. I still can’t get a good nights sleep.

Katey writes: 

Hi Pete,

Many years ago I had a rubber mattress. It was the best mattress I have ever had. 
I have tried Tempur-pedic I have tried and a custom made latex topper,
I have tried select comfort and I still can’t get a good nights sleep.
I have joint head and neck pain all the way from the base of my neck on my shoulders all the way down to my toes and I need a good recommendation from you. 
I have read other peoples reviews and your comments on certain products.
There is a place near me that handmade my mattress for me but it was in the Tempur-pedic style and it was terribly hot so I gave it away. It cost me a fortune, too.
Is there anyone that makes an old fashion rubber mattress anymore? 
I need to replace my mattress right now. 
It’s a select comfort and it has never given me as good of sleep, as they try to say.
I have a Sealy in my guest room I don’t know what is made out of I think it might be some type of a hybrid. My guests love it. I slept great on it one night but never slept well on it again.
How long does a person sleep on some thing until they get used to it? 
And finally one last question. 
When I travel, I like Hampton Inn beds so I usually stay there. 
I don’t get a perfect nights sleep but I get a better nights sleep.
Thank you so much for all your help.
Katey
Hi Katey,
You’ve wasted a lot of money on some of the worst mattresses ever made.
No doubt, you were roped in by all that false advertising.
Adding a latex topper to any of these mattresses is akin to putting lipstick on a pig and expecting to see a prom queen.
It only takes a few days to get used to a new mattress.
But you’ll never get used to a mattress that doesn’t provide proper support.
Latex is rubber…the best upholstery material available for the past 100 years.
But adding a latex topper to a mattress that doesn’t provide proper support is just throwing good money after bad.
So, first things first. No more wasted dollars.
In order to provide the right mattress for you, I need some information.
What is your age, height and weight?
Any other physical conditions to share?
Thanks, Pete
***********
Thank you for your response, Pete.  
I am almost 73 yo, wgt 175lbs hgt 5'2".
I have not slept well for 20+ yrs.  
My select comfort replaced my rubber mattress.   
Royal Bedding here in AL hand crafts beds.  
They made the tempurpedic clone which I gave away.  
They make flippable beds as well.  
My select comfort is about 16 yrs old. And is most uncomfortable now for the air leaks out.   
It is on an adjustable frame which I would like to repurpose when I get a new mattress.
Thanks
 again, Katey
Hi Kaytee,
Adjustable bed bases are great for hanging out in your bedroom…allowing you to sit up without having to prop a lot of pillows to do so.
Except for slight elevation at the head to relieve breathing or at the foot to relieve poor circulation in the legs, adjustable beds have very little therapeutic value.
Keeping your spine in its proper alignment is key to pain relief and a decent night’s sleep…which means sleeping with the base flat.
An all latex mattress, at your age, is not recommended by me.
While significantly more resilient than the memory foam in the mattresses you’ve been buying, no all foam mattress provides the pushback support against your spine necessary to maintain its proper alignment.
If you still have that latex topper, you can use it with the Wolf Jessica Mattress.
The individually pocketed coils provide that pushback support for your spine, while contouring to the shape of your body, which maintains your natural alignment.
Click on this link to view specifications and prices.

This mattress will provide the firm support you need, while the latex topper will provide the surface comfort you’re sure to want.
Your neck pain is a separate issue.
Again, alignment is the key…keeping your neck in alignment with your body.
The Pure Talalay Bliss Shredded Talalay Latex Pillow allows you to manipulate the shredded latex to fit around your head and neck for maximum comfort and proper alignment.
Shown here:

Both products ship quickly via UPS.
Shipping is Free.
Thanks, Pete
You Should Know
Using an old box spring to support any new mattress will cause premature wear and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of a mattress by keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry.
Website: https://themattressexpert.com/Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments