Back pain on a memory foam mattress.

Annette writes: 

Hello Mr. Pete,

My mild to moderate back pain went away when I was away from home for 2 weeks. 
So I think my ditched-in memory foam mattress is the problem.    
I've been comfortable on a quality medium firm mattress.  
Some years ago, I slept very comfortably on the Renaissance Hotel bed for a few nights.
 
I’m about 5”4’ and 125 lbs. 63 y/o
I am chemically sensitive to new mattresses, although I’m ok with any mattress that’s a year or two old and has already finished out-gassed.  
I’d like to purchase a new mattress that’s reasonably chemical free, and something that will be good on my back as I get older.  
What do you suggest?
 
Thank youAnnette
Hi Annette,
The Renaissance mattress uses a pocketed coil unit, which maintains the natural alignment of the body and spine. This is best for back pain relief.
It only says that the upholstery is air cooled, a term typically used with memory foam, as memory foam is the only upholstery that sleeps hot and would require a cooling additive. 
Their website is woefully short on detailed specifications.
Also, an older hotel mattress probably didn't have memory foam in it.
The mattress I recommend is the Wolf Brolynn old fashioned two sided mattress.
Ordered in plush, it’ll have a medium feel, as the pocketed coils are made of heavy gauge double tempered steel for added durability.
The upholstery is plant based polyurethane foam.
There is no off gassing, as there are no chemicals.
Click on this link to view specifications and prices.

UPS Shipping Is Free.
This mattress ships quickly, usually in about a week’s time.
Thanks, Pete 
You Should Know 
Using an old box spring to support any new mattress will cause premature wear and void the manufacturer’s warranty.
A waterproof mattress protector will extend the life of a mattress by keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry.
Voicemail: 856-874-6894

Comments