Horrible back pain on a gel memory foam mattress.

Diane writes: 



Good Morning Pete,

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
I got a new mattress and have been experiencing horrible back and knee pain at night. 
Can the gel memory foam in the mattress be doing that? 
I sleep on my side and the pain will go all the way to my knee. 
If I turn over the pain in the back and knee go away. 
Is it possible that gel cool technology exasperates arthritis in the body? 
Once I was given a cooling gel pillow. I used it ONE NIGHT, woke the next day with horrible neck pain. 
I felt bad, it being a gift and all, so I started to use it between my legs for support at night. 
But then, I started getting knee and lower leg pain. Once I switched it out the pain went away.
If you have any info on gel memory foam causing/exasperating arthritis, could you, PLEASE let me know. 
I would be so grateful for your help.
Thank youDiane
Hi Diane,
Memory foam has a long history of causing all sorts of pain.
Memory foam is the absolute worst upholstery ever invented…gel or no gel.
Send it back and find a mattress with no memory foam in it.
Click on our website link for a selection of mattresses...none, of which, have any memory foam in them.
Thanks, Pete
************
Hi Pete,
Thank you so much for your quick response!!
WOW! I did not know that. 
It seems all mattresses now have memory foam, so thank you for the link and giving me some options.
I will keep you posted. I am so glad I found your site, there is NO GOOD information out there, but yours.
Have a great day!
Diane
Hi Diane,
The industry, on a whole, has gone bad…opting to push memory foam to enhance profits, instead of focusing on quality.
Mattresses without memory foam are hard to find.
All of the name brands that you could once trust to make a quality mattress, have all been sold. 
Quality is no longer their priority.
It is a sad state of affairs.
Thanks, Pete
****************
Hi Pete,
I wanted to let you know that I contacted the mattress company and they are willing to work with me to get a better mattress.
I feel like everything they sell has memory foam in it. 
What should I look out for in the wording of the description, besides the obvious? 
I feel like doing my homework about this will get me where I need to go….and a pain free nights sleep.
Thank youDiane
Hi Diane,
Memory foam has a few disguised names.
Some of the words to look for that indicate memory foam are:
Visco
Gel foam.
Slow recovery
Slow response.
They come up with new ones all the time.
Any mattress, regardless of expense, that’s upholstered with memory foam is anything but “a better mattress”.
Best of luck to you.
Thanks, Pete
VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Voicemail: 1-856-874-6894 

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments