Simmons Gibson Grove mattress has pronounced and noticeable trenches where we each sleep.

Linda writes: 

Hello, Pete.  

On August 24, 2019, I purchased a Simmons Gibson Grove mattress and foundation.
My husband is 5' 11" and weights 158.  I am just short of 5' tall and weigh 114.   
I am a side sleeper; my husband is a back and side sleeper.
 
Although I emphasized in purchasing that my husband and I both liked a firm to mid firm mattress for support, that I had to have some "sink in" ability for my shoulders and hips over that firmness, the salesperson did not mention I needed to add anything to the mattress.
 
In the beginning we both absolutely loved this mattress and it worked for both our sleeping styles.  
Today, (a mere 2.5 years later), both sides of this mattress have pronounced and noticeable "trenches" where we each sleep.  Although my husband has noticed this, it doesn't bother him as much, but I am having miserable nights and have taken to putting a decorative "throw" blanket of 2" thick fluffy poly into the trench on my side to get through (not a good solution and it doesn't breathe).
 
My husband and I have had two Simmons premium mattresses in the past, which have lasted us 8 to 10 years, so we're puzzled.  We see now that they both may have been made then without memory foam.
 
We need to replace this mattress and soon, but ... with what?  
I think I am reading from your blog that you recommend a latex topper for these mattresses so our "trench" problem won't occur again.  I'm willing to do that with a new (same) mattress purchase.  
But at this point, I'm also willing to buy a non-memory foam Simmons model through a hotel, pay more, and get it to last longer.  I'd appreciate an opinion on doing that, too.
Not sleeping well in Portland.
Regards, Linda
Good Morning Linda,
The blog posts you read were from an earlier time…before Simmons was purchased by an investment group…the same investment group that also bought Serta.
Prior to them being sold, Simmons used a much higher grade of memory foam.
The memory foam used at that time was denser and less temperature sensitive.
And it was cured, so that it didn’t off gas the toxic chemicals from which memory foam is made. That is no longer the case.
Their hotel models have since gone bad, as well.
We stopped selling Simmons at that time.
What makes Simmons such a popular mattress is the individually pocketed coils, which contour to the shape of the body and maintain the natural alignment of the spine.
Fortunately, you can get that type of coil system from most mattress manufacturers today. We carry a number of mattresses that have that coils system and have NO Memory Foam in them.
Our most popular sleep system combination is the Jessica mattress and a Suite Sleep Soft 2” or 3” Pure Organic Latex Topper.
The Jessica has a high coil count, heavier gauge steel than what Simmons uses, and that steel is double tempered, while the Simmons coils aren’t tempered at all.
You’ll end up with the support and comfort you want, and longevity that will outperform your Simmons Beautyrests of old.
Here are the links to each of those items.


Shipping is FREE and there’s NO Sales Tax.
Thanks, Pete
VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Voicemail: 1-856-874-6894 

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments