Back Pain on a too firm Stearns and Foster mattress.

Theresa writes: 

Hi Pete,

I currently have a Stearns and Foster firm mattress, that I purchased several years ago.
I don’t think I should have purchased a firm in the first place. 
From day one, it was a hard night’s sleep…however, my body adjusted to it.
Of late, I suffer from neck and lower back problems, which I wonder about being bed related.
I am going to a chiropractor now and it seems that when I sleep on my firm bed I wake up with my whole back aching in the morning.
Once I get out the bed, my back stops aching after a short time. 
On the advice of my chiropractor, I slept in my guest bed which is a Stearns and Foster luxury pillow top.
I slept very well with no back pain, at first, but after a while it was uncomfortable to sleep.
So, I went out and purchased a memory foam mattress topper.
The first couple of nights were ok, but then it became painful.
I returned the memory foam topper because it didn’t help my pain problem, and, it slept hot.
I see on your blog that you suggest a firm mattress for back problems…is there something that I am missing?
Would a good latex topper solve my problem?
Thank you so much for your help! 
Theresa
Hi Theresa,
You've suffered too long with a too firm mattress...unnecessarily.
When you did go with a topper to soften the surface, you were on the right track. 
You bought the wrong type, unfortunately.
Memory foam softens and sinks after it warms from your body's heat...as if it wasn't even there.
It's absolutely useless for your application...not to mention the toxic off gassing from it due to the carcinogenic chemicals that are used to make it.
There has been a good solution for your problem all this time. 
Latex foam is natural and far more resilient than memory foam.
Latex is not temperature sensitive and provide extraordinary surface comfort that lasts for many years.
Latex does not sleep hot. We use one at home.
Here is the link to the Suite Sleep All Natural Organic Latex Mattress Toppers.
https://themattressexpert.com/latex-toppers/suite-sleep-toppers/

UPS Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX
Thanks, Pete
VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments