Replacing a 17 Year Old Serta Perfect Sleeper, Artistry Collection Mattress.

Tiffany writes: 

Hi Pete,

I've been searching for a mattress that will last longer than all these horrible reviews I keep reading.  
I've had my current Cali King mattress (Serta Perfect Sleeper, Artistry Collection (Odani)) for over 17yrs now! Yes, it's still awesome and I'm still sleeping on it and of course they do not make them anymore. 
I'm about to move into my new house, so I'm ready to say goodbye and replace it.  
I've been looking at Stearns and Foster and after doing reviews on numerous websites and the BBB I learned a few things:
1.  Weight restrictions on beds.  Some beds only hold the weight of 500lbs so if you and your partner's combined weight exceed this don't buy certain mattresses.
2.  Make sure the frame for the bed will hold you and your partner and the weight of the mattress and box springs.  
3.  Make sure if you do not purchase a box spring that you pay attention to the frame the mattress will sit on.  The spacing in the planks will also cause the mattress to sag in time.

With this being said, I was told by numerous people in the mattress industry, as well as reviews, that Stearns and Foster mattresses sag in the middle because they weren't made with enough support in that area. Tragic..most people eventually migrate to the center of the mattress during the night.  
So, moving on from them. It just seems every mattress I look at the reviews always state how the bed sags within the first 2-3yr of owning it.  
I've attached three mattresses I sat on at this store in Huntsville, AL, of course there is no literature online about them and the company's salespeople do not know anything about them, except for the fact that they were made exclusively for that store. So, I can't even read reviews on them.  
I would like to know if you have any opinions on these?  
I am looking for a pillow top mattress over 14" high, med/firm
Thanks, Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,
The only thing that’s true, about the information you have so far, is that most mattresses aren’t made as well as they had been.
Your notion as to why is completely wrong.
What most of today’s mattresses have in them that your 17 year old Serta doesn’t have in it, is memory foam upholstery.

All of the mattresses that you’ve asked me about are upholstered with memory foam.
All of the name brand mattresses that you could once trust to make a quality product have been sold. 
Sealy and Stearns & Foster were purchased by Tempurpedic.
The investment group that bought Serta also bought Simmons.

Memory foam is specifically designed to cause a mattress to need frequent replacing. 
Not only is it a poor quality product, memory foam also off gasses the toxic chemicals from which memory foam is made…creating a health hazard.

And, a mattress with a pillowtop will show wear faster than one without.

What you say you want won’t work for you for very long.
My greatest concern is your worry about weight restrictions.
How much do each of you weigh?

Thanks, Pete

************

Hi Pete,
I'm the only one sleeping on the bed and I weigh about 190lbs.  
With the information would buying a Stearns and Foster, and spending that much money be worth it then?  
I mean, mattresses aren't supposed to last forever. I get that. 
I'm just looking for an old school mattress. 
It doesn't have to have memory foam in it but I know 90% of them actually do...ughhhh!!!
Thanks, Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,
Not only does your new mattress not have to have memory foam, it’s imperative that it doesn’t. 
Tempurpedic bought S&F in 2013.
S&F went from being “The Cadillac of the Industry” to nothing more than expensive junk…literally, overnight, back in January of 2014...thanks to all of the memory foam upholstery used,

This process doesn’t need to be difficult. 
If you avoid mattresses upholstered with memory foam, you can’t go wrong.
We specialize in mattresses that have no memory foam in them.
In fact, none of the mattresses that we carry have any memory foam in them.
At your size, my best recommendation for support, comfort and longevity is the
Wolf Tulah Plush Eurotop Mattress.
Click on this link to view specifications and prices.


UPS delivery is free and there’s no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments