Back and shoulders killing me on a Simmons Beautyrest Plush Pillowtop mattress.

Wanda writes: 

Hi Pete,

My situation is the following and I hope you can help me.
Back in November 2007 we bought this mattress from Macy's. It was the best mattress we ever had.
Not too firm, not too soft, we called it THE CLOUD as it was exceptionally comfortable.
The information I have on this mattress is the following:

After 11 years we decided to get a new mattress.
We had heard that one should change mattresses every ten years even if there is NOTHING wrong with it.
We shopped around and bought a Simmons Beautyrest Bay Spring Plush Pillowtop mattress.
It has been the worst mistake ever. After not even a year, my back and shoulders are killing me.
Every doctor I've seen tells me, that the source of my pain is most likely from my mattress.
 
Before I start playing the guessing game with purchasing another mattress again, do you happen to know something about my old mattress, so I can get something similar.
Going to the store to try a bed is no guarantee that it is going to continue to feel as great at home. 
We are average size people. What would be your recommendation?

I would so much appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance, Wanda

Hi Wanda,
I feel that you need to be set right on a couple of points.
1) Never replace a mattress that is providing you with a good night’s sleep, regardless of how old it is.
What you heard is not just bad advice, it’s a marketing ploy to get you into one of today’s poor-quality mattresses that need frequent replacing.
2) You seem to be operating under the assumption that today’s mattresses are just as good as they were 11 years ago. By and large, they are not.

As a whole, the mattress industry has gone bad...substituting profits for quality.
All of the major brands have been sold to investors, who are now upholstering mattresses with memory foam. Memory foam is specifically designed to cause a mattress to need frequent replacing.
Memory foam is the worst upholstery material ever invented.
Not only does memory foam offer poor performance, it off gasses the toxic chemicals from which it's made. 

Your old mattress had no memory foam in it, which is why it remained comfortable for so long.

We specialize in mattresses that have no memory foam....much higher in quality than most mattresses that are available at most retail stores.
For average weight people, the Wolf Tulah Plush Eurotop Mattress is my recommendation.
It uses an individually pocketed coil system, like the Simmons Beautyrest,
Unlike the Beautyrests, the coils are double tempered for added durablity.
Simmons uses raw, non-tempered steel, which loses its resiliency much too quickly.
What's more, the upholstery materials are latex and polyurethane foams...containing NO Memory Foam.

Click on this link to view specifications and prices:

You need only to replace your mattress. Your year old foundation doesn't need replacing.
Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments