Marriott Simmons Beautyrest Mattress.

Yvette writes: 

Hi Pete,

My husband and I are looking to replace our 13 year-old mattress which we disliked almost from day one (Macy's, a Serta pillow top. Ugh).

One of two mattresses I have loved is the mattresses used by the Omni Hotel in Washington DC.
The second is a Beautyrest that we slept on last night at a Marriott hotel in New Jersey.

The Omni no longer sells their mattresses online, but last year the Omni told me which one they used. I ordered it for my parents. It did NOT feel like the Omni's bed!

The Marriott's Beautyrest (inner coil) felt great but I see that you do not recommend it / you think there's a better one.

Can you give me more guidance? I was hoping to buy this weekend because of the Independence Day sales.

Some factors that are important for us ---
- I'm a side sleeper and now have hip joint pains at night;
- My husband mostly sleeps on his back while he wears his CPAP machine;
- The bed we have is too high so we'd like to get a low-profile boxspring or foundation;
- I emanate a lot of heat so I don't want a bed that retains excess heat;
- The edge of our current bed sinks when we sit on the edge (even from day one);
- In almost 40 years of marriage, we have always had a king size bed but we're considering a queen (not 100% sure ...);
- I know that the bed discomfort we have now is wreaking havoc on my husband, who has been having a great deal of difficulty sleeping due to PTSD;
- We are budget conscious though would not sacrifice comfort for cost ... to put it another way, I don't want to be paying more for a bed (the Marriott Simmons Beautyrest?) that you said is being priced at a premium!
- Our weights are 150 and 175;
- We prefer inner coil but might consider a hybrid.

I do hope this helps you help us decide.
We live in NYC.

Thank you so much for your help!
Yvette

Hi Yvette,
The mattress industry has gone bad over the past decade.
All of the name brands have been sold to investors.
The investment group that bought Simmons also bought Serta.
All are now using memory foam upholstery, which is specifically designed to cause a mattress to need frequent replacing.
Memory foam has lots of negative side effects…like sleeping hot, causing your extremities to go numb, and worsening any back problems you may have.
And, as if all that weren’t bad enough, memory foam off gasses the toxic chemicals from which it’s made…just to add insult to injury.
Almost every retail store is a sea of mattresses upholstered with memory foam.
Holiday sales are often a scam, taking deep discounts off an inflated price.
Since you can’t go to a mattress store and find a decent quality mattress anymore, there’s little point in worrying about getting there in time for their pretend sale.

If I were to recommend a mattress from those that we sell, it would be the Wolf Tulah Plush Eurotop Mattress.
This is the most comfortable of my more reasonably priced mattresses.
It too, has an individually pocketed coil system, like the Simmons Beautyrest.
There is no memory foam in this mattress.


Delivery is free and there’s no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments