Back Pain on Tempurpedic, Stearns and Foster Mattresses.

Mike writes: 

Hi Pete,

I've been on a fruitless quest to find a bed to cure chronic and growing low back pain.  
I'm mainly a side sleeper but often wake up on my back.  I'm 5'10 and 200 pounds.  
We have a Tempurpedic that we've used for over 10 years and it has always caused me low back pain. 
A sheepskin cover and putting a towel under the sheet on my side doesn't much help in reducing the pain.  
We recently purchased a Kirkland Signature Stearns & Foster mattress.
 ("Lakeside" model - advertised as medium but customers mostly say it's firm).
But, my back pain has not improved and in some respects is getting worse, even after trying it for 30 days.  
It's to the point now that I have some pinched nerve symptoms.

I'm frankly scared to try another new bed for fear that the problem will keep getting worse.  
I don't know if I need more firm or less firm.  
The Tempurpedic feels, in some ways, firmer than the new Stearns & Foster.
I toss and turn a lot during the night as my arms fall asleep from pressure points.  
This also happens on the Stearns & Foster.

Probably the best mattress I've slept on in the past several years was at a JW Marriott.  
I could not tell what bed it was but it felt quite plush on top - I think it had a feather topper.  
On that one I woke up with little/no back pain and my arms weren't falling asleep from pressure points.

I see that you have no comfort exchange or return policy.
I can understand that, but it puts even more pressure on making the right decision. 
I, frankly, don't know what my back and arms want and need.  
The most important thing is to solve the back pain problem - it's becoming debilitating.

Thanks for any guidance and considered recommendations.
Mike

Hi Mike,
1) No mattress is going to cure anything. The right mattress will relieve the pain.
2) It’s not a question of degree of firmness. 
Your problems continue because of the memory foam upholstery in the mattresses you’ve been buying.

That mattress at the Marriott had no memory foam in it. Most hotel mattresses don’t.

Whatever you buy next, regardless of where you buy it, make sure there’s no memory foam in it.
And, make sure that it has a strong coil unit....and isn't all foam.

We specialize in mattresses with no memory foam in them.
Nothing we carry has any memory foam in it.
The right mattress for you is the same mattress my wife and I sleep on at home.
You and I are the same size and I have back problems, as well.
My mattress allows me to sleep and wake without back pain.
It is still in like new condition after more than 5.5 years, despite each of us weighing more than 200 lbs.

Click on this link to view specifications and prices for the Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush Mattress. 
This mattress provides firm contouring support that maintains the natural alignment of the spine and a very comfortable sleeping surface that doesn’t allow you to sink and doesn’t sleep hot.


White glove delivery is free and there’s no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments