Stearns and Foster Embrace Firm Mattress Causing Pain.

Ivy writes: 

Dear Pete,

My husband and I purchased a Stearns and Foster Embrace Firm, in September 2009. 
I had found your blog and followed your advice, no “pillow tops” and firm. 
According to your blog now, I can no longer count on them for future mattress purchases.

I do have health issues, so that may be causing my issues. Husband says, mattress is fine, he has no issues. 
If it’s not my health issues causing my problems, then my problems lie in my hips and lower back where they connect. Only thing found on an x-ray was a “little” arthritis and that was attributable to age.

He is about 5’8” and I am about 5’4” and we both weigh about 230lbs. 
Pretty much, side maybe some back sleeping. 
I have a Lands End mattress cover, that adds some “poof” and bought a new one that then helped me a little bit.

Not staying asleep for me, all night, has been “par for the course” for me, for a long time. 
good night is waking up, rolling over, no pain and falling back to sleep. 
Unfortunately, a lot of the time is waking up, rolling over, using a body pillow to try and make myself comfortable and reduce pain enough, and then fall back to sleep.

As fate would allow, I need to get a new queen mattress for my guest room that does not get used a lot. 
Having said that though, I thought this would give “me” a good opportunity to address my issues. 
So, if I had asked to replace my king under my circumstances, what would you suggest I get, in a new queen mattress? 
I will get this for the guest room and I will try it out and see if it helps me.

If it helps, then we probably also need to get a new king. 
If it does not help OR my problem lies more with perhaps needing a topper instead for the old king, then maybe you can suggest what I might need in that respect and it kind of sounds like we might have to get two twin XL. 
One to accommodate him and one to accommodate me.

Now maybe you will say, start with the “new” queen and then come back and let you know how that goes before recommending any “toppers”.
Or maybe you have a totally different suggestion on how to go about this?
Thanks in advance!
Ivy

Hi Ivy,
A mattress that’s suitable for occasional use in a guest bedroom doesn’t need to cost a lot to do that job well over a long period of time.
That same mattress is not suitable for a master bedroom used every night by large people.
The reason why your husband is fine and you’re not, on the mattress you have, is do to the difference in shapes between a male and a female.
Being curvier, the sore spot for most females is at the hip.
A soft latex topper will ease, or even totally solve you problem.
A soft latex topper provides surface comfort without sacrificing the underlying firm support of the mattress. So, your husband will be fine with the feel.
A latex topper will absorb most to all of your body weight, which in turn, will greatly extend the life of the mattress.

I recommend the Suite Sleep Organic Latex Topper...2” or 3” in Soft.
Naturally, the 3” provides a greater degree of comfort than the 2”.
But, even the 2” will make a noticeable difference.
Shown here:


We carry a few good quality mattresses at reasonable prices that are ideal for a guest bedroom.
The Wolf Tulah Plush Eurotop Mattress is the most comfortable of them, and very popular among many of my family members.
Shown here:


Both products arrive via UPS or FedEx.
Shipping is free and there’s no sales tax.
Both products ship rather quickly, so your wait time will be minimal.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.


Comments