Simmons Beautyrest Mattress for Heavy People?

Noche writes: 

Hello Pete,

I've been reading your blog this past week and I am truly thankful that I came across it. 
I am in the market for a new mattress. 
My partner and I have been on a TempurPedic ProBreeze (Medium). She loves it, but I am not so enthused about it. 
We recently went to a mattress showroom that had a wide selection of bed-in-a-box brands and some lesser known "luxury" brands like Velika. One thing that I learned from trying these mattresses, particularly the Velika, is that I prefer some kind of innerspring system - like a hybrid. 
However, these brands aren't exactly known for longevity/sustained comfort.

I came across a lot of your posts that mention Simmons Beautyrest. 
The more recent ones have some great information that I want to touch more on. 
From what I've gathered, they're no longer made like they were used to. 
I'm not exactly sure when the change happened, but I'm guessing it was sometime in 2012? 
I say this because you were still recommending their mattresses at or before then. 
You have recent posts - within the last year - recommending or affirming to your customers/readers the Beautyrest Black models. Are these models close to the quality of the old discontinued Beautyrest, like the World Class?

I'm also really intrigued by the Beautyrest guest purchase program you mentioned in one of your recent posts.
I looked it up and found them to have some great-looking deals (King sized mattresses from $800-1300). 
How were you able to verify that these models are made with higher quality materials? 
Would you recommend these?

My partner and I are heavy people. She is 212 lbs at 5'3" and I am 250 lbs at 6 feet tall. 
I am a side sleeper and cross one of my legs over the other one pretty widely - my hip pushes further. 
She is a side and back sleeper, but mostly back. 
We both enjoy beds with ample support, but I like a little bit of cushion or "plush". 
Would you recommend any of the Beautyrest Black or Hotel options? 
And if not, what would you recommend to us? 
Thank you for your time!
Best, Noche

Hi Noche,
The coils used in a Simmons Beautyrest are made of raw, non tempered steel.
And while the hotel mattresses are better than those available at retail stores because of the difference in upholstery materials, even those won’t wear well under your weights for very long.
There is only one line of mattresses that I recommend for people your sizes.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring mattresses also use a pocketed coil system like that in a Simmons Beautyrest.
The coils are made of double tempered steel and the upholstery includes latex, which is far more resilient than even the hotel upholstery materials.
That line of mattresses has four choices of comfort, with the Ultra Plush model being the most comfortable.
Here is a link to that line of mattresses.


These mattresses come with white glove delivery, which includes set up in your bedroom and removal of your old mattress and all packaging materials.
Delivery is free and there’s no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase its longevity.
We recommend our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Website: http://themattressexpert.com/

Email: pete.themattressexpert@gmail.com

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 


Free Delivery...Factory Direct.

All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order

Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.



Comments