A Mattress Recommendation for Someone Living on Social Security.

Jim writes: 

Hi Pete,

I am 74 year old male that is 6’1” and weighs 215 lbs. 
I have extreme arthritis in the cervical area of my back and neck. 
My old mattress is 12 years old and is killing my neck. 
Any recommendations for someone living on social security?

I would also like to know if you would recommend a new box spring to match or can I use my old one? 
I currently have a queen size set.
Thanks, Jim

Good Morning Jim,
If only your neck is in pain, have you considered a new pillow instead on a new mattress?.
....perhaps a contour pillow that supports your neck better.
Thanks, Pete

**********************************************************

Hey Pete,
I have tried every pillow there is and have decided that my mattress is so weak it is causing undo stress on my neck. 
I am a side sleeper only. 
Thanks, Jim

Hi James,
If your foundation is nice and solid, with no weak spots, then there’s no need to replace it. You’ll need to check that.
For the mattress, I recommend the Wolf pocketed coil Hybrid Tulah model.
Shown here:

It’s not expensive, but extremely well made.
The individually pocketed coils are designed to maintain the natural alignment of your spine. 
They are made of double tempered steel for durability.
The upholstery is a combination of latex and poly foams for long lasting comfort.
There is no memory foam in this mattress.

You’ll get excellent support, comfort and longevity.

Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.


We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments