A Firm Two-Sided Mattress and a Soft Latex Topper for a Heavy Person with Back Pain.

Diane writes:

 Hi Pete,

I’ve been having a lot of trouble finding a mattress suitable to my needs. 
What they are making these days are not designed for the heavy person with back pain. 
After 2 bad purchases I’ve concluded that the combination of a good firm innerspring mattress with a soft latex topper will be the best solution for me. 
A two-sided mattress can be flipped, making it last longer. 
The topper gives the cush I want and is easy to replace when it wears out. 
I’ve learned the hard way, memory and gel foam are to be avoided.

My hurdle is finding an innerspring that is low gauge, tempered coils or whatever new style that works the same. 
Websites for retailers and manufacturers are very light on the details.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can find this needle in the haystack?  
I’m longing for a good night’s sleep!
Thanks for your help, Diane

Hi Diane,
Here is a link to an Old-Fashioned Two-Sided Mattress with tempered steel coils and no memory foam.
You’ll want to order it in Firm. 


A Soft All-Natural Dunlop or Talalay Latex Topper for that mattress can be had here:


You can order, securely, online.
Shipping is free and there’s no sales tax.


We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments