Pain on a Simmons Beautyrest Legend Mattress.

Frances writes:

Good Morning Pete,
First, I want to say thank you for doing what you do. Taking the time to share your expertise.
I have two questions for you.

I have a Simmons Beautyrest Legend Plush Mattress, bought in 2014. 
I believe this is the root of my pain as I wake up and feel like I just ran a marathon or in a fight. 
I feel really out of alignment. Should I get a topper to make this mattress firmer and offer more support? 
If so, what kind?

Or should I just look into getting a new mattress that you can maybe recommend.
I am almost 50 yrs old, female, side and back sleeper, 185 lbs., with allergies.

Help, I really can’t take much more of this.
Sincerely, Frances 

Hi Frances,
A body requires firm support and a comfortable sleeping surface.
You don’t have the firm support your body needs.
The memory foam upholstery is poor quality.
Adding a topper won’t help.

You need to replace that mattress. It’s was a bad mattress from the start.
The good news is that the mattress I’m recommending isn’t expensive...and far better made than the one you have now.
The Wolf Pocketed Coil Hybrid Tulah is stronger, quite comfortable, and will last you for many years.
Shipping is free and there’s no sales tax.


We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments