A Good Quality Mattress for Large People on a Budget.

Phillip writes:

Hi Pete,
I'm so glad I found your blog and website. 
I only wish I had found it before wasting so much money on the last 3 crappy mattresses.
I had no idea that the mattress industry was so bad. 
I just figured it was a combination of ours weights and that things, in general, aren't made as well as they had been.
Now, after reading so many of your blog posts, I know the problem is these mattresses made with memory foam.
Like I said, I've read a lot of your blog posts and have honed in on The Wolf Pocketed Coil Latex Hybrid.
I'd love to get the mattress you sleep on, The Natura of Canada Greenspring, but I can't afford it after having wasted so much money on bad mattresses. Unfortunately, I must work within my budget.
My question is, which mattress? The Tulah or Adara?
We are large people. I'm pushing 300 and my wife runs around 225, but she won't say. So, I'm guessing about that.
Your guidance is greatly appreciated, Phillip

Hi Phillip,
Most of today's mattresses have pretty good foundations, ironically enough. So, all you need to replace is the mattress.
Both of the Wolf Pocketed Coil/Latex Hybrid Mattresses use the same, strong double tempered steel coil unit.
The Tulah is upholstered with latex and poly foam....the plusher feeling of the two. Neither mattress has memory foam.
The Adara upholstery is all latex, which is comfortable and more durable than poly foam...but a bit firmer feeling.
Given your weights, I recommend the Adara.
You can always soften it, if needed. But, it is the better choice for the sake of durability.
Here are links to those mattresses: 


Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.


We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments