The Best Way to Soften a Too Firm Sealy Posturepedic Mattress.

Elaine writes:

Hi Pete,
What's the best way to soften a too firm Sealy Posturepedic Mattress?
Following the advice of my doctor, I went out and bought the firmest mattress I could find at the time.
It's been about 3 months and I just can't get comfortable.
My back stopped hurting, as predicted by my physician, but everything else now hurts...hips and shoulders, mostly.
I'm an average size female and a side sleeper.
I bought a memory foam topper, which helped for about a month.
It made me hot and had a terrible odor.
I found you online, after doing some research and see you recommend a latex topper.
I've read all the glowing reviews and I'm willing to give it a try.
Which one?, is my only question.
Thanks, Elaine

Hi Elaine, 
A plush latex topper, certainly. Even 2" of plush latex will help, but the 3" works best for female side sleepers.
It does give better at the shoulder and the hip, relieving the pain at those pressure points.
The Pure Bliss 3" Plush Natural Talalay latex Topper is what we use at home, for my wife's sensitive hip.
That will work for you, as well.
Here is a link to those latex toppers:

Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.

We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments