Back Pain on a Tempur-Pedic Mattress.

John writes:

Hi Pete,
I bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress, less than a year ago.
I told my salesman about my back pain from herniated discs, and this is the mattress he sold me for that problem.
Now, my back pain has returned and it's worse than ever before.
I called the store to complain. They sent someone to my home to inspect the mattress.
The result...Nothing wrong with the mattress and I'm well beyond my comfort exchange window.
I spent a lot of money on the mattress, for which I am still paying, having financed it.
What do I do now?
Can you recommend a solution?
Thanks, John

Hi John,
For your knowledge when it comes time to buy a new mattress, and for my readers who have disc related back problems,
a mattress using an individually pocketed coil is the best choice of mattress.
And, a high-quality mattress does not have to cost a lot of money.
The Wolf Pocketed Coil Latex Hybrid Mattress are an excellent choice, 
Shown here:




As a way to deal with what you have, you have to understand that it is the memory foam, which your salesman so highly promoted, as being the source of your problem.
A Tempur-Pedic mattress uses memory foam on top.
Supporting the memory foam, is high-density polyurethane foam...which is much firmer and won't allow you to sink.
The first thing to do, is flip your mattress over.
This simple step will provide you a mattress that will help relieve your back pain.

Form many, who have followed this advice in the past, have found the flip side to be somewhat uncomfortable, even though their back pain is relieved. To solve that problem, add a Pure Bliss 2" or 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper.
Shown here:

If it's just you, the 2" should be enough. 
If you're sharing the bed with a female side-sleeper, you'll need the 3"

Shipping is free and there's no sales tax.


We recommend using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery materials clean and dry will extend the life of the mattress.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments