What's the Best Mattress for a Large Man with Herniated Disc Back Pain.

Trevor writes:

Hi Pete,
Over the last 4 years, I have gone through 5 mattresses.
I've tried Tempurpedic, Sleep Number, Serta iComfort, Sealy Posturepedic and Simmons Beautyrest.
All have made my back pain worse, despite all the salesmen telling me that their mattress will help.
I'm a large man, 6' 3", 250 lbs, with herniated disc that cause me back pain.

You were recommended to me by a friend, who bought a mattress from you.
They tell me that you know your what you're talking about.
I trust him, so I'll trust you.
To complicate the issue, my wife is somewhat petite. She's 5' 7", weighing only 135 lbs.
She likes a softer feel, which has always been a problem for me.

Can you help me find something that will be good for both of us?
Thanks, Trevor

Hi Trevor,
Thank your friend for me, for the referral.
I can, in fact, help you...as I have helped many like you with similar circumstances.

First, the problem you've had, is with mattresses upholstered with memory foam.
Despite all the hype to the contrary, memory foam is the worst upholstery material ever invented.
Memory foam is a temperature sensitive material that softens as it warms from your body heat.
While comfortable, at first, it quickly loses it's initial comfort and support, within months of purchase.
The key to a successful purchase, is avoiding any mattress made with memory foam.

The mattress I'm recommending for you, is the same mattress my wife and I sleep on, at home.
We are, both, over 200 lbs. I have Herniated discs, bulging discs, and DDD, (Degenerative Disc Disease).
Despite all that, I sleep and wake with zero back pain...pain I use to live with constantly.
This mattress uses a double tempered steel, individually pocketed coil unit, which maintains the natural alignment of your spine. This type of coil system is key to relieving your back pain.
The double tempered steel coils and latex upholstery combine to provide a mattress that does the job you want it to do, do it for a very long time, and be comfortable enough for the curves of the female body.
Our mattress is more than 4.5 years old, and still in like new condition.
That mattress is The Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush.
Shown here:

Latex is and has been the best upholstery material available for the last 100 years.
Latex is far more resilient than any other type of foam...and the antithesis of memory foam.
Despite the "Ultra Plush" label, it is nowhere near as soft as it sounds.
Latex provide extraordinary comfort, while not allowing you to sink.
The best way to describe the feel, is one of "Floating".

This mattress comes with White Glove Delivery, which includes set-up in your bedroom and removal of your old mattress.
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.
You can expect delays during the Covid-19 pandemic.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments