Soften a Too Firm Simmons Beautyrest Mattress with a Pure Bliss Plush Latex Topper.

Sheila writes:

Hi Pete,
I just got delivery of my new Simmons Beautyrest mattress.
My only problem is that it's too firm, causing me hip pain.
Before writing to you, I read through some of your blog posts.
I learn much, so I think you for sharing your expertise.
I learned that I don't want to swap this mattress for a plush one, because it will wear quickly.
I learned that I can soften this one with a Pure Bliss latex topper, which will also extend the life of the mattress.
My only question is, "Which one"?
Is 2" enough? Is 3" too much?
Thanks, Sheila

Hi Sheila, 
Well, thank you for reading.
That saves me a lot of time here.
2" will provide a degree of surface comfort, and is enough to extend the life of the mattress. 
3" is noticeably softer, but not what I would call, "Too Soft".
My wife has a sensitive hip and we use the Pure Bliss 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper at home.
It does a better job of relieving her hip pain than the 2" did.
Here's a link to those:


We recommend using an organic cotton waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping the upholstery layers clean and dry will extend the life of any mattress.
Here is a link to "The Gotcha Covered" Waterproof Mattress Protector:


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments