Which Current Stearns and Foster Mattress Feels Like the Old Dunkirk Model?

Paul writes:

Hi Pete,
I'm sleeping on a Stearns and Foster Dunkirk queen size mattress, and I love it.  
This mattress is more than 20 years old, but had not been used for about 15 years. 
But, because my current non-S&F king mattress is making my back hurt, I began sleeping on the Dunkirk.  
My Dunkirk mattress feels very firm. My back doesn't hurt.    
I now want to buy a king-sized mattress that is as close to my Dunkirk as is possible.  
Can you tell me which current S&F mattress will feel like my Dunkirk queen?
Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,
I can save you from wasting your time.
There is nothing made, today, that matches the specifications of your Dunkirk model.
S&F was sold to Tempurpedic in 2013. 
But even before that, S&F mattresses had changed significantly, from the time the Dunkirk had been made.

Most of today’s mattresses, and all of the current S&F mattresses are upholstered with chemical based memory foam.
Memory foam is the worst upholstery material ever invented.
Be sure to avoid buying a mattress upholstered with memory foam. They don’t last long.
The Dunkirk was made before memory foam came into existence. 

What I would recommend that has a similar feel and ix extremely well made, in keeping with the Dunkirk quality, is:
The Natura of Canada Greenspring Luxury Firm.
The Greenspring line, shown here:

These mattress are very well made, using a double tempered steel coil unit and upholstered with Natural Talalay Latex.
Due to the high quality of the components, these mattresses are extremely long lasting and firmer than they sound.
You don't want to second guess the advice and opt for the "Firm" model. It feels, a lot, like the floor.
Stay with the "Luxury Firm" model. 

These mattresses come with white glove delivery, which includes removal of your old mattress.
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete
Phone: 856-874-6894

Comments