I Shouldn't Have to Buy a Mattress AND a Latex Topper.

Albert writes:
Hi Pete,
I've been reading your blog and am impressed with what I read.
But there is something that bothers me. 
You continually recommend a latex topper to go with Simmons Beautyrest mattress.
What bothers me, specifically, is that I have to buy a latex topper in addition to the mattress.
I can't help but feel that I shouldn't have to buy a separate latex topper. 
I should be able to just buy a mattress and have it last.
The whole thing just sticks in my craw.
What say you to that?
Albert

Hi Albert,
I agree with you. You shouldn't have to buy both. 
In the old days, you didn't need to...and by "old days", I mean prior to 10-15 years ago.
The reason why the latex topper is needed, is to counter the negative effects of the memory foam used by each and every name brand mattress manufacturer.

Prior to 10-15 years ago, they were all making high quality mattresses. 
Now that all of the "name brands" have been sold to investors, they make high profit mattresses. 
It's an industry gone bad....much like the banking industry, the oil industry, the food industry, the pharmaceutical industry, and many members of both political parties.

They are all out to get you...the consumer.
And when I say, "Out to get you", I mean that they are in the business of extracting as much money from you as they can, and offering you little to show for it.
The Latex Topper greatly extends the life of the mattress...far beyond what the manufacturer intended.

Now, if you want a name brand mattress, the best and most cost effective way around their quickly wearing, low quality products, is by adding the highest quality product to it...Natural Talalay Latex.
Latex foam rubber is and has been thee highest quality upholstery material on the planet for the last 100 years. This fact is not in dispute. 
If you don't add the latex topper, the mattress will lose its shape quickly. 
A Latex Topper is one of the very few products that more than pays for itself.
The most popular, is The Pure Bliss 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper.
Shown here:

But Albert, I too, am bothered by it all. 
I sold my 1st mattress some 45 years ago. 
It bothers me, greatly, that this, once legitimate industry, has put greed over quality.
I have perused the industry trade shows in search of high quality alternatives to what the name brand and most stores are offering.
Some years ago, we acquired "Natura", a Canadian company....which we have used to service our US and Canadian customers, who insist upon a high quality mattress.

Their Greenspring mattresses use an individually pocketed coil unit, like the Simmons Beautyrest. 
The main differences are:
The coil count is higher and the steel used to make the coils is double tempered.
The steel used to make a Simmons Beautyrest is raw steel...not tempered, at all.
What's more, the upholstery they use is Natural Talalay Latex and contains NO Memory Foam.

Here is a line of mattresses that is much better made than any Simmons Beautyrest.
With latex already in it...there's no need to buy a separate latex topper.
There are 4 models in that line, with the Ultra Plush being the most comfortable.
The Natura of Canada Greenspring Ultra Plush is the mattress we sleep on at home.
After 4.5 years, this mattress is still in like new condition...with each of us over 200 lbs.
Here is a link to that line of mattresses:

White Glove Delivery, including removal of your old mattress, anywhere in the Continental US & Canada.

Comments