A New Mattress on an Old Foundation.

Rosalie writes:

Hi Pete,
I bought a mattress about a year ago (I think!). 
At the time, I decided to keep the box spring I already, had because it was only two years old. 
I'm beginning to think I made a mistake. 
First of all, for the first time ever, the bottom lining of the box spring has come completely off on one side. 
Secondly, I noticed that it's so easy to see the wood slats that are under the top of the box spring. 
In other words, I think my mattress is not really lying on a smooth surface.
The mattress is somewhat comfortable.
But, I have so many aches and pains in all my joints, that I can't be too critical of any mattress. 
I have a feeling it would be more comfortable, and perhaps seem firmer, if it had a solid foundation.
Hopefully, as you are the expert, you know exactly what I'm talking about. 
What would you recommend?
Please advise, Rosalie

Hi Rosalie,
If you were to replace your foundation, you would likely end up with something similarly made.
Add plywood to the top of your foundation. It will cause the mattress to feel a little firmer.

The muslin on the bottom can easily be replaced. All you need is a staple gun.
However, that is not an integral part and can be taken off and discarded.


VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase longevity.
Use our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 
Thanks, Pete

Questions?

Speak with The Expert
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
(Please include your time zone with your message)

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments