Back Pain with All the Expensive Brand Mattresses. Now what?

James writes:

Hello Pete,

I'm active duty military and I've slept on my fair share of beds without issue. 
But as the years go by, I find my aches and pains getting worse.  
I have two bad rotator cuffs and a herniated disc below my neck/top of my spine. 
Recently, I decided to splurge on a new mattress. 
So, I went to a local mattress store and picked out a firm mattress, because, what do I know. 
I've had that for about a year. 
It started aggravating one of my rotator cuffs and developed hip pain after 9 months.  
I tired a dozen different pillows, and finally determined it may be the mattress. 

I spent 2 hrs. in the mattress store trying Purple, Tempur-Pedics, Latex, Sealy, Stearns & Foster, etc. 
The sales staff even did some weird SRT test with my arm to see if I was using my core muscles.  
The staff said the mattress I was sleeping on was too firm given my recent ailments. 
So, we settled on a Tempur Pro Hybrid Medium.  
Originally it was a $3600 mattress. 
But, they had a like new one for $1700 with no warranty. 
So, I thought it couldn't be that bad given the original price and took the chance.  

Two weeks with this mattress, I now have lower back pain, ha. 
I'm 5'9" 160 lbs. 36 yrs. old, and my wife is slightly smaller/younger. 
I'm a side sleeper and she's a mix of everything.  
She had no issues with any of the beds. 
But now, she's pretty frustrated with me for even talking about buying another mattress now.
The bad news is, I can't sleep for more than 6 hrs. 
I don't think they'll take this bed back, given it was a clearance price. 
Soooooo what is wrong with me?
Bonus; my 80 lb. dog likes it!
Thanks, James
 
Hi James,
The mistakes you made are the same as those made by many other. 
The good news: You're not alone.
More good news: You don't have to spend a lot of money to get a new mattress that works, works well, and lasts a good long time.
More good news: The mattress I'll recommend will relieve your back pain. 
The bad news: There is no mattress that will address your rotator cuff pain. 
(For that, I recommend 3 extra strength excedrin before going to bed).

Many people equate expense with quality. 
In the mattress industry, that belief will produce disappointment and a drain on your finances.
The other mistake was putting your faith in memory foam.
Salespeople talk about that chemical laden junk as if it were the best thing since sliced bread.
Hell, even the pet beds we sell are made of natural materials and contain NO Memory Foam.

A pre-compressed, individually pocketed coil mattress will provide upward, contouring support that will maintain the natural alignment of your spine, which will relieve your back pain.
A mattress, like that, which is also upholstered with latex and contains no memory foam...is far better than any mattress upholstered with memory foam.

We carry two brands of mattresses that are made this way.
The more expensive of the two, is something I recommend for heavy people.
Luckily, your two are light enough to go with the lesser expensive brand.

The mattress I'm recommending for your you, is the Wolf Adara, shown here:


The foundation you have is, likely, to be fine...all you need is the mattress.
FedEx Delivery is Free and there's no sales tax. 


VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase longevity.
Use our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 
Thanks, Pete

Questions?

Speak with The Expert
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
(Please include your time zone with your message)

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments