King Size Mattress Recommendation for My Fiance and I.

Mark writes:

Hello Pete,
I was hoping I could get a recommendation for a mattress. 
I found the mattress expert through the YouTube channel ZeosPantera.

I am looking for a new king mattress for myself and my fiance, though she won't move in till January.

I am 5'9" and 155 lbs
She is 5'1" and 140lbs
We mostly sleep on our stomachs and occasionally on our sides.
I have a firm mattress that we like now but it's time for a new one. 
That one has to stay at my parents house when I move after Thanksgiving.

I'm just starting a full time job so still price sensitive. 
But, I understand a good mattress system will be a couple grand. 

I have a mattress I can take with me and use for a little while, but it is only a full and softer then I would like.  
Thank you for your time. 
Best, Mark

Good Morning Mark,
Most of my customers are older people, who have already been stung by the mattress industry.
You seem to be much younger, and I'm happy to help you avoid the pitfalls.

The major pitfall is mattresses upholstered with memory foam.
Despite all the hype to the contrary, memory foam is the absolute worst upholstery material ever invented.
The purpose of memory foam is to cause a mattress to need frequent replacing.
Like many other people, when you don't have a lot of money to spend, you can't afford to waste it.

Older folks have a frame of reference that young people don't have.
They remember when name brand mattresses were quality products...going back 10-15 years ago and prior.
All of the name brands have been sold to investors. Profit, not quality, is job 1 for the new owners.

Avoiding mattresses made with memory foam is thee thing to remember when shopping for a mattress, today.
We specialize in that.
We carry a number of brands that make mattresses with no memory foam.
Of them, the best for the least amount of money, are the Wolf Old fashion Quality Two Sided mattresses.
Wolf is the oldest mattress manufacturer in the country that has been continually owned and operated by the same family...the Wolf family. 
Here is a link to those mattresses:

The Brolynn Plush model is what I'm recommending for you and your fiance.
The coils are individually pocketed, providing firm, contouring support, which maintains your spine's natural alignment. The upholstery is natural plant based poly foam. There is no memory foam in these mattresses.
The Brolynn Plush is comfy for any sleeping position and will last for a good number of years.

I suggest the Basic Black Platform Bed to go with that, which replaces the boxspring and bed frame.
Shown here:
Wolf Corp. Basic Black Platform Bed Base
It's true, you can spend thousands of dollars. 
Most at that price won't last for more than a couple/few years....terrible value.
If you are prepared to spend that kind of money, I suggest considering the Natura of Canada Greenspring.
These mattresses have a much higher coil count and the upholstery is Natural Talalay Latex.
Latex is and has been the best upholstery material for the last 100 years...most comfortable and longest lasting.
My wife and I have their Ultra Plush model.
That line of mattresses, shown here:

Regardless of which you choose, delivery is free and there's no sales tax.
The Wolf products arrive via UPS.
The Natura mattress comes with white glove delivery.


VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase longevity.
Use our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Thanks, Pete

Questions?

Speak with The Expert
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
(Please include your time zone with your message)

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments