Will a Latex topper Make an Old Mattress Comfortable?

Anna writes:

Hi Peter,
I am still immensely enjoying the Beautyrest that I got from you a couple of years ago.
I  recommend everyone to your site. 
I have a problem and I am hoping you can offer some advice.
My boyfriend's family has an adorable little house in Cape May, NJ, where we often go for the weekend.  
The house originally belonged to his grandparents.
The mattress in the master bedroom is the same mattress that belonged to his grandparents. 
They died over 10 years ago, so who knows how long they had the mattress before that. 
It's less a mattress and more a torture device after all those years. 
Every time we go down there, my holiday is ruined by awful sleep. 
You can't even kneel on it because the springs will kill your knees.
Now, I am not married to this guy, so I am not going to start buying mattresses for these people. 
But, I was thinking about maybe getting a latex topper for it?  
The one I have for my Beautyrest is just a little bit of heaven!
My question is, how much benefit can you get out of a latex topper on an atrocious mattress?  
Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!
Anna

Hi Anna,
I am well, thank you, and hope you are too.
I'm delighted to know that you are sleeping so well your mattress.

Under the circumstances, you described, a latex topper will provide surface comfort.
It will prevent you from feeling the coils.
What it won't do, is provide support. THAT, is the job of the mattress.
In short, your comfort will be better, but the topper will not make it feel like a new mattress.
If you are getting a latex topper, I suggest the 2", as it seems a waste of money to get the 3".
The Pure Talalay Bliss 2" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper is the one to buy.
Here is a link where you can view that and then place your order.

UPS Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.


VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase longevity.
Use our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Thanks, Pete

Questions?

Speak with The Expert
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
(Please include your time zone with your message)

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments