4 Year Old Serta Mattress has Deep Body Impressions.

Shannon writes:

Hello Pete,
My lower back prefers firm support. 
But, I'm a side sleeper, about 185# with girl shaped hips. So I need a soft top.
Long ago, I had a Serta two-sided mattress/box spring set that was very comfortable and lasted for 20 years. 
 
In 2015 I needed a new mattress and chose another Serta mattress. 
The sales dude was right when he suggested that I'd be looking for a new mattress again in a few years. 
Even with regular rotation, my four year old one-sided Serta mattress has a deep body impression. 
It takes about an hour each morning to work the kinks out of my 60+ year old back. 
My additional problem is that I can't afford to buy another mattress yet.
 
This mattress is on a platform bed, without a box spring.
Not sure I really need a new mattress, maybe a topper? 
What would be best for the firm support my back likes, but Can I get away with adding a firm latex topper?
Thanks, Shannon

Hi Shannon,
It's the memory foam in your mattress that has failed you. 
Your old Serta that lasted 20 years, had no memory foam in it, which is why it lasted so long.

Adding a firm latex topper to the mattress you have, is a waste of money...and opposite of what your body needs.
You can get away with a Plush Latex Topper, added to the flip side of your mattress.
Despite being mad one sided, the support of the underside is still good. 
Only the memory foam upholstery on top has gone bad.
Once you flip the mattress over, the firm support your body needs will return.
To make that side comfortable, add a Pure Talalay Bliss 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper.
Shown here:

As an alternative, we carry a line of Old Fashion Quality Two Sided Mattresses, at a reasonable price.
The Brolynn Plush Mattress is better made than the mattress you have, and contains NO Memory Foam...
...and, at a reasonable price.




Either choice comes with Free UPS delivery, and there's no sales tax.


VERY IMPORTANT:
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will increase longevity.
Use our Organic Cotton Waterproof Mattress Protector. 

Thanks, Pete

Questions?

Speak with The Expert
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
(Please include your time zone with your message)

Free Delivery...Factory Direct.
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Serving The US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments