Make an Old Mattress Like New with a Latex Topper.

John writes:

Hi Pete,
I've been reading your blog posts and am amazed to learn that I can make my old mattress feel like new by adding a latex topper to it.
My wife has been telling me that we need a new mattress.
The one we have is about 15 years old. It was an extremely well made Stearns and Foster, which I grant, isn't as comfortable as it once was.
But basically, there's nothing wrong with it. It's still firm and supportive.
I have no back pain sleeping on it, despite my advanced years. 
But, my wife complains about her hips being sore from it being too firm.
Certainly, I'd love to get away with spending only a few hundred dollars for a latex topper, as opposed to thousands for a new mattress.
If you're sure this will work for us, I'd be willing to give it a try.
The question is, "Which one?". We are average to a little above average in weight.
I appreciate all your good advice.
Thanks, John

Hi John,
What a body needs to sleep well, is firm support and a comfortable sleeping surface.
You already have the firm support you need. A Plush Latex Topper will provide the comfortable surface that you are currently lacking.

It would be a shame to give up a well made mattress for something softer that will only last a few years...at most.
15, or so, years ago, it was difficult to buy a bad mattress. The mattress industry has changed, quite a lot, since then...and not for the better.
With all the memory foam used, it's extremely difficult to find a good quality mattress in today's market.

My wife has had a sore hip, as your wife has. We've been using a 2" latex topper, but have just ordered a 3" Plush one.
However, my wife is heavier than 'a little above average' in weight.
A Pure Talalay Bliss 2" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper is usually enough for most people. The 3" will provide a little greater depth of softness.
Frankly, you can't go wrong either way. Either one will breathe new life into the mattress you have.
Your wife's hip will feel better, regardless of which one you choose.

Here is a link, where you can view these Talalay Latex Toppers.
If you like what you see and read, you can place a secure order for it, online.

UPS Delivery is Free and there's NO Sales Tax.


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.

Comments