A Latex Topper for a 3 Year Old Memory Foam Mattress Causing Pain.

Lacey writes:

Hi Pete, 
Your site is very informative, and I am so happy that I stumbled across it. 
I was hoping you could answer my specific question about how to remedy my situation. 
My husband and I bought a mattress made entirely out of memory foam, 3 years ago. 
In the past year or so, I've begun having back and neck problems. 
I attributed it to the pillow and have gone through countless pillows, to no avail. 
I am trying to find a neat, reasonably priced solution.
Mattresses can be expensive. And depending on the model, it may not be feasible to buy a new one right away. 
I read about the latex toppers and wondered if that could be of help? 

My specific questions are: 
What are some mattresses that you would recommend? 
And, if a latex topper is a good solution, what latex toppers would you recommend? 

I am a heavy woman, (230 lbs), and suffer from arthritis in my knee as well as neck and back stiffness and pain.
Thank you so much. -Lacey
 
Hi Lacey,
Yes. A Latex Topper will help.
Luckily for you, your mattress is not all memory foam.
The couple/few inches of memory foam, on top of your mattress, is supported by high density Polyurethane foam.
It's the temperature sensitive memory foam that is causing your problem.
They sell that junk as if it were the best thing since sliced bread. It is, in fact, the absolute worst upholstery material ever invented.
 It is purposefully designed to need frequent replacing...a real boon for the industry and a nightmare for the consumer.

Your saving grace is the high density poly foam that supports it.
Flip the mattress over and add the latex topper.
Many people have followed this advice and were able to realize another 5 or so years of comfortable sleep.
I suggest you flip that mattress today. Your back will feel better, even though it's too firm to sleep on comfortably.
That's where the latex topper comes in.
The Pure Bliss 2" or 3" Plush Natural Talalay Latex Topper is my recommendation.
My wife and I are about your size, and use the 3" at home. It's very comfy.
Here's the link to those latex toppers.


The Topper arrives via UPS.
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.

If you do need a new mattress, we can discuss which one after we see how well the latex topper works.
The latex topper is not a wasted purchase. You'll be able to use it with the next mattress.


IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments