Stearns and Foster Estate Mattress is Sagging After 4 Weeks.

Sandra writes:

Dear Pete,
I just found your website and I pray you can offer me some advice.  
In January, we purchased The Estate Palace Luxury Firm Tight Top king size Mattress by Stearns and Foster from Macy’s.  
We have had this bed exactly 4 weeks and 2 days and there is already sagging or body impressions with a hump in the middle.  
I spent three hours in the mattress department laying on beds. 
I thoroughly expressed to the sales clerk my number one goal was to purchase a tight top mattress that did NOT get body impressions or indentions.  
Fortunately Macy’s offers a 120 day return period if not satisfied.....with a 15% usage fee of course.
I read where you made recommendations for others and wanted to ask if you would please suggest a mattress for us?    
We are in our mid to late 50’s.  I am 5’6” at 150 lbs. and my husband is 6’1” at 240 lbs. and we are both side sleepers.  
I have some degenerative and bulging discs and fibromyalgia.  
And my husband compares me to the princess and the pea as far as getting comfortable.  😊. 
I assume we need a firm mattress with a latex topper?!  
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Sandra 


Hi Sandra,
Before I get into a recommendation, I want to highlight what went wrong and why, for the sake of our readers and for your understanding.
You made a number of erroneous assumptions.

You assumed quality that no longer exists in the Stearns & Foster brand. 
For many decades, S&F was a brand you could trust, considered "The Cadillac of the Industry" by most everyone in the industry.
Since Tempurpedic bought Sealy/S&F in 2013, it went from their once deserved lofty reputation, to being nothing more than expensive junk, overnight.
Loading everything they make with memory foam, was the sole reason for the dramatic downturn in quality.

You assumed that the salesperson had the knowledge needed to help you realize your goal.
Most of today's salespeople are trained to close the sale, and know very little about the products they sell.

You assumed that you would be delivered a new mattress.
What you bought, is a lousy product. But, it normally takes a good 6 months to reach the conditions yours reached in 1 month.
Retailers that engage is the "return policy scam", are unable to return to the factory for credit, the mattresses they take back.
Many have opted to return those used mattresses to stock, and resell them as new, to the next consumer that comes along.
I'd be willing to bet that you received a mattress that had been in someone else's home for a time, and returned via their return policy.
As illegal as that is, it happens all the time.
There is a label sewn into one of the seams at the head of the mattress.
The label is white in color and says, "Do Not Remove".
That label contains "The Date of Manufacture". Check that label on your mattress.

********

"The Princess and the Pea" characterization stems from you having internal and external issues that are often in conflict with one another...comfort wise.
Your disc problems require firm, contouring support, while your fibromyalgia  requires a soft sleeping surface....you one correct assumption.
However, you must address these issues with a mattress using quality components. 
Chemical laden memory foam has proven to be the lowest quality upholstery material ever invented, over it's 15 years history.

My recommendation to you, is strong enough to easily support a person your husband's size...provide the firm contouring support your spine needs...And, is upholstered with soft natural Talalay Latex, which is and has been the absolute best upholstery material for the last 100 years.
Made by Natura of Canada, their Greenspring Liberta Ultra Plush Mattress is my recommendation.
This mattress will provide you everything your body needs, and will achieve your goal of resisting body impressions.
My wife and I have this mattress. We are each 225 lbs, or so, and the mattress is in like new condition after 3.5+ years.
I have your disc issues, and herniated discs to boot. I sleep and live without back pain...unless I do something stupid during the day.
But even when I do overdo, that pain is gone after one night on this mattress.
Here is a link to that mattress. You can order online.


White Glove delivery is free and there's no sales tax.
Delivery includes removal of your old mattress.


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Protect and maximize your mattress investment. Use a waterproof mattress protector.

Comments