Simmons Beautyrest Hotel Mattress with NO Memory Foam for Hip Pain.

John writes:

Hello Pete,
Like most, I am writing you for help with mattress selection. 
I saw your bog when trying to search reviews of the Hospitality Simmons Beautyrest division. 
I see your concerns with the “plush models”, as I have read a lot of your blogs.


We currently own a sleep number bed, which desperately needs to be replaced.
It is currently giving my wife a lot of pain in her hips at night, and the air chambers are not working correctly. She has bursitis in her hips. 
When we were on vacation, she said the bed at Disney (Simmons Hospitality Beautyrest Disney Deluxe Plush) did not hurt
That brought me to your site, trying to research.

When we bought the Sleep Number, it was because she prefers a bed to be more hard/ firm, while I always preferred a softer mattress. 
I am not sure what you know about sleep numbers, but hers is between a 60 and 70.
I am between 40 and 50. Before the sleep number, I had a pillow top mattress that she hated. 
My wife did not like how it was soft and you sunk in….As I have seen reading your site, the pillow top was shot, and then offered no support, and caved in in the middle of the bed…..Before purchasing the Sleep Number, we did lie on the Tempurpedic mattress, which we both hated. 
My wife sleeps on her stomach, while I sleep on my side. Thought I would give you the background, as it might help in the selection.

I like the idea of getting a firm mattress that either has a latex topper in the bed, or separately, as I think that could be the answer.
But, my wife has a latex allergy, which makes it hard for her to breath, as her throat closes. 
I have read on your site that the latex used in mattress does not seem to cause people the same allergic responses, but it is a concern. 
Do you happen to have a sample that I could purchase, so we could make sure it would not be an issue? 
I think a firm with the soft would work, as she is putting a blanket between her and the mattress, which she said it has helped. 
Also, I believe with the latex, you do not sink in like you do with the pillow top mattress, but could you confirm.  
Also, do the topper's stay in place, without needing to be constantly fixed?

At this point, do you have any mattress that you would recommend? We are not tied to the beautyrest.
I just started the research with that mattress, as the week we were away she was not in pain like she is when sleeping on our sleep number bed. 
Trying to find a bed that we will both be happy, and one that will not cause my wife pain.

I thank you in advance for your help.
Regards, John


Hi John,
I don’t have anything good to say about Sleep Number, Tempurpedic, or any mattress that’s upholstered with memory foam.

The Simmons Beautyrest mattresses, that are made for hotels, have no memory foam.
These cannot be purchased at retail stores.
All of the Beautyrest mattresses, sold at retail, are upholstered with memory foam.

There are lots of retailers advertising “Hotel Grade” mattresses. 
It’s a lie, just a marketing ploy.

For your wife’s condition, there’s nothing better than the individually pocketed coil support that the Simmons Beautyrest provides...contouring support that maintains the natural alignment of the spine and relieving pressure points at the hip and shoulder.

Your best bet, is to buy a Simmons Beautyrest Hospitality Mattress through one of the hotels....here’s a link where you can get one.
St.Chapelle

We do carry latex toppers that are virtually allergen free...Vytex Dunlop Latex.
If you would like a sample mailed to you, email me with your full name and address.
I’ll have the factory mail a sample to you.

These toppers stay put on top of the mattress and do not need to be continually adjusted.




Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments