Serta Mattresses, Memory Foam and Scoliosis.

Ellen writes:


Hello Pete,
I wanted to see if you could also give me some mattress advice.
We recently purchased a Serta iSeries firm mattress
I did not realize we were getting a firm. When I spoke to the sales lady I told her I was looking for something close to what we had. 
It was a pillowtop that we eventually added a 3" memory foam topper on top of that. 
I was told, when I was in middle school, that I had a mild case of scoliosis. 
I believe it's in the thoracic region of my spine. After only one night approx. 2-3 hours of sleep my back is killing me. 
We went back to the mattress store and the sales lady said that she has a Serta iSeries mattress that is the plush version she can exchange.
The plush mattress feels a little softer but it still seems a bit firm.
She also showed us a pillowtop mattress that is infused with memory foam, which felt a lot softer and closer to what I was use.
However the price of the pillowtop model is lower and she says the Serta is the better mattress.
But because of the restocking fee and delivery charge it would make it the same price as the Serta.
The sales lady says that I am probably use to the old broke down mattress and will need to get use to the new one.
In your professional opinion what mattress would you think would be better? 
I'm 5'6  210 lbs. and my bf is 6'1 240. Thank you and I look forward to you response!
Ellen


Hi Ellen,
Memory foam is the lowest quality upholstery material available.
Serta makes among the worst mattresses on the market.
All this, in stark contrast to what salespeople have to say. They talk about that junk as if it were the best thing since sliced bread.
Salespeople are trained to tell you what you want to hear...whatever it takes to make a sale.
I'm sorry to be the one to hit you with the hard, unpleasant truth about that junk the mattress industry is pushing on an unsuspecting public. 
Memory foam consists of 61 different chemicals, some of which are toxic. 
Memory foam is not only low quality, poor performing product, it's also a health hazard, off gassing the toxic chemicals from which it's made. 
Those fumes attack your respiratory system, with sinus headache being the most common side effect but not the most dangerous.
You have purchased one of the worst mattresses made. I have nothing good to say about it.
My advice is to get rid of it and shop for a mattress that contains no memory foam.
My apologies for being the bearer of bad news.

Thanks, Pete
Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....US & Canada...NO SALES TAX.

Comments