Looking for a Two Sided Mattress with NO Memory Foam, which Gives Me Back Pain.

Deb writes:

Hi Pete,
I have been through several mattresses in the past 10 years.
I was complaining about this to a friend, and it was she, who recommended that I contact you.
She gave me a link to your blog, which I've been reading and now know that it's been the memory foam that has been hurting me.
I take pain reliever every morning, until the pain caused by the mattress wears off.

I'm 69 years old and living on SSI. So I can't afford to spend a lot on a mattress. I'm 5' 2" and about 120-130 lbs.
My ex husband is taking me out to shop, over the next couple of days. 
He's taking me to a store that has two sided mattresses, which are less than $1000.
I saw a 3" soft latex topper on sale, and am thinking of buying it, to relieve my rotator cuff shoulder pain.

I like my daughter's old mattress, which is kinda bouncy. I like the feel and so does my back.
I need your help to get an idea of what to look for and what to avoid.
My friend swears by you. I look forward to any help you can provide.
Thanks, Deb

 
Hi Deb.
When your ex takes you shopping for those two sided mattresses, look for two things:
1) The type of coil unit.
2) The upholstery being used.

There are 3 types of coil systems.
For that bouncy feel, an interlocking coil unit will produce that.
Those are called Bonnell

A Continuous Wire Coil unit will also give you bounce, but wears poorly and will hurt your back before long. Avoid that.

The most popular is an individually pocketed coil system.
This is good for your back, but won’t give you that bouncy feel.
This is ok, for the sake of your back.

*********

There are 3 types of foams being used.
Memory foam, aka Visco, is the worst...and the source of all your problems over the past 10 years. Avoid that.

Standard polyurethane foam was the primary foam used between 1970 and 2000.
This is acceptable.

Latex foam is and has been the best upholstery material for the last 100 years.

That 3” Soft latex topper, that you’re buying is what will provide the surface comfort you need for your shoulders and hips.
The mattress needs to be reasonably firm for spinal support. (Firm, not hard).

Here is the link to our two sided mattresses.
The Brolynn Plush model is not all that soft, and a good choice for use with that latex topper.
The Duo Comfort model is wiser choice, being firm on one side and plush on the other side. This affords you a choice of support.
Both use an individually pocketed coil system 
Both are upholstered with polyurethane foam.
Both ship via FedEx...leaving you needing someone on your end to bring it in, unpack it, and set it up.
Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.

themattressexpert.com
Old Fashioned made Two Sided Mattress that you can flip. Strong coil unit and NO Memory Foam. Durable for Plus Sized People. Works with Adjustable Bed Bases.

Buying from a local store should include white glove delivery.

You can respond to this email with any questions.
You can send me the specifications of what you’re seeing at the store, if you are unsure as to what it is.l


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894 
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments