Tempurpedic Mattress is Awful and Getting Worse.

Dave writes:

Hey Pete,
First and foremost, wonderful website.  Excellent information.  Wish I’d found it before we’d ever gone mattress shopping.

My wife and I purchased a Tempur Pedic mattress a little less than two years ago.  For me, it’s been awful and getting worse. 
For my wife, it’s (still) the best mattress she’s ever had.  
So… I’ve resolved to get out the electric knife, cut the mattress in half lengthwise and get a new Twin XL mattress for my side of the bed. 

I’m a big guy, mid 50’s, 6’4” 250 ish lbs. (probably pushing 260 at the moment). 
I had total hip replacement surgery about a year ago, and then “over did it” and have developed some tendonitis.
That makes sleeping on my right side a bit of challenge on my current memory foam nightmare. 
(I find I sleep better on the couch or even the floor at this point). 
One thing I’m not looking to do is spend a fortune on the new mattress. But I do want to get something of quality. 
I’ve been eyeing the Wolf Company mattresses and I noticed that you mention that they’re a good solution for us plus sized folks.

Our bed frame is a California King size platform bed with drawers underneath, so no box spring, just a plywood surface that the mattress lays on.  
Based on everything I’m reading, it seems the Wolf Tulah Luxury Firm, with possibly adding a latex topper, is my best option. 
I wanted to get your input and thoughts.  (Current Tempur Pedic is 11” deep)

Any input you can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Dave


 
Hi Dave,
What you're considering will not work for you.
First, the Wolf mattresses are not available in Cal.King size.
Second, a Twin-XL is half of an Eastern King...not a Cal.King.

However, I do have a solution for you that does not include mattresscide...and, will cost you less.
Since you've been reading my blog posts, you may already know that it's the memory foam that is causing your problems.
That Tempurpedic mattress is made with memory foam on top, supported by high density polyurethane foam.
If you flip your mattress over, the memory foam will be on the down side...where it can't hurt you anymore.
The high density poly foam will then be at the top. The poly foam is quite firm...too firm to sleep on comfortably.
Add the latex topper to that, and both, you and your wife will sleep comfortably.
I suggest the EverEden Pure, All Natural Vytex Dunlop Latex in soft...2" or 3"...with the 3" being the more comfortable of the two.
Here is a link to those latex toppers:
https://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

themattressexpert.com
Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.

Delivery is free and there's no sales tax.


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments