Simmons Beautyrest Plush Pillowtop Mattress, a Big Mistake.

Markie writes:

Hi Pete,
I am in serious need of a new mattress but feel like I was snookered on my last purchase and am now gun shy. 
2 years ago, I bought a Simmons Beautyrest Plush Pillowtop mattress from a local furniture store.  
I followed Consumers Reports and spent 20 minutes + with the mattress before I bought it.  

Within two weeks of purchase, it was clear that a depression was forming and I was already sleeping in a hole.   
I have since discovered several people who have had the same experience with this product.  
The warranty is impossible to exercise as it requires a measurable depression which is hidden by the pillow top.  

The pillow top isn't deforming -- the springs are not supporting.  
So now I have a bed that hurts my body, destroys my sleep and I have no confidence in ANY BUSINESS that sells this product as it is clearly defective.  

I can't take it any longer!  I'm looking for an affordable replacement.  
I had my previous Sealy mattress for 18 years and it was better than my 2 year old Simmons.  

My concern is -perhaps all mattress are made badly now.  I also have no confidence in my ability to lay on a mattress to choose it.  
I've already done that. I just don't want to make another big mistake.
I'm 5'10", 160 pounds, sleep on my side, like a firm mattress but have discovered my sore pressure points with this bad mattress.  

Any recommendation?  (Can I trust you even though you sell Simmons?)
Thanks, Markie



Well Markie, 
You wouldn't be asking me if you didn't, at least, hope so.

If you take a look at the Simmons Beautyrest mattresses we do sell, you'll notice that their Plush and Pillowtop models are missing.
If you had done some consumer reviews research, you would have discovered that the reviews for Simmons Beautyrest are horrible.
The reason why they are so bad, is because store push comfort above all else, and consumers are eager to buy comfort with no thought to durability.
The Plush models use a very thin gauge wire for the coils. The upholstery is memory foam and the pillowtops are the first things to go.
But initially, they are very comfortable and easy to sell.
For most stores and sales people, the easy sale is the key to making money.

Besides relying on your own sense of comfort, relying on Consumer Reports was another mistake you made.
No long ago, a few years or so, CR published a mattress issue where they stated that the mattress industry was far too complex for them to comprehend.
6 months later, after catching some flack for their bit of honesty, the published another mattress issue.
This time, they interviewed 100 people in Denver and based their recommendations on those interviews.
Since then, they've acquired the machines that test the durability of mattresses...the same machines that had been used for decades for that purpose.
However, the one factor that they are STILL not getting, is that memory foam is temperature sensitive.
Memory foam reacts to the body heat you give off when you sleep. It softens as it warms, allowing you to sink into it.
The testing done by CR applies no heat. Hence, their conclusions are all wrong.

When we recommend a Simmons Beautyrest, we recommend a firm model...usually Luxury Firm.
The gauge of wire used to make these coils, is much heavier than that used in the plush models.
In order to achieve that plush feel that is so comfortable, we recommend a soft latex topper to go on it.

All Natural Latex is and has been thee best upholstery material available anywhere on the planet...for the last 100 years.  
It is more comfortable and more durable than anything else....the antithesis of memory foam, which has proven to be the worst over it's 20 year history.
The latex topper does a number of things.
1) It softens the surface. You now have what your body needs...firm support and soft comfortable sleeping surface.
2) It insulates you from the memory foam in the mattress, which sleeps hot. Latex sleeps cool.
3) Because latex is soo resilient, it absorbs much, if not all, of your body weight. The mattress under it lasts twice as long as it normally would.

The true value of the Simmons Beautyrest is the Individually pocketed coil system.
It contours to the shape of your body and maintains the natural alignment of your spine.
If you would like a recommendation, it would be for the Simmons Beautyrest Silver Great Lakes Cove model in Luxury Firm.
Shown here:

themattressexpert.com
FREE Shipping on all Simmons Beauryrest Recharge Classic Mattresses From The Mattress Expert. These Mattresses are built with support and comfort in mind!

Add to that, the EverEden Pure, All Natural 2" Soft Talalay Latex Topper.
Shown here:

themattressexpert.com
Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.

THIS combination will produce, for you, the support, comfort and longevity you were hoping to buy when you bought that last mattress.


ALSO IMPORTANT:
I suggest using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will greatly extend the life and loft of the upholstery materials inside. Ours sleep cool and make NO Noise.
Shown here:

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments