Simmons Black Mattress and Latex Topper for a Large Woman.

Karen writes:

WOW! What a wealth of information I just found on your site. 
I've already found answers to some of my questions, like can I just buy the mattress w/o the box springs.
Yes, but I might be voiding my warranty. . . not something I want to do. 
Also found out that I was one of those suckers that fell for the pillow top mattress just a couple of years ago and am now having problems. 
We bought the bed almost on a whim for my husband who had back surgery and needed something better. 
Well, that's what we thought we were getting. 
Suffice it to say, we didn't do research and are certainly paying the price in more ways than one. 
Unfortunately, I'm now a widow and only need to satisfy my needs for a mattress. 
I'm a large woman, 54 yrs old, 5'3", 260 lbs carrying my weight mostly between my hips and knees. I am mostly a side sleeper. 
I would like to continue to lose weight before investing in a mattress just yet, but need some help with comfort. 
The issues that I'm currently having is:
#1 it's a pillowtop 
#2 it's a king and I don't like the ridge that is present in the middle due to loss of loft and where the box springs meet in the middle.
I wake up after only 4 hours of sleep with an aching in my left side and hip.

Here's the list of questions for you based on what I've read so far.
#1. Can I get soft latex foam topper to get by with for the next year until I've lost the weight. 
I'd like to buy a mattress that I won't have to worry about to carry my weight? 
If I can get away with a late topper, what depth? 2" or 3"?
#2. Assuming that I can't do the topper alone and based on what I've read so far, you recommend 2 mattress sets quite frequently. 
The Simmons Black Desiree luxury firm (adding a latex topper), and the Simmons Black Calista Extra Firm, also adding a topper. 
Which of these 2 sets would be best for me?
#3. Also, I've considered the queen set in order to avoid that ridge in the middle that seems to appear eventually in a king. 
However, my other thought is going with the king. It's only $500 avg. more than the queen and I already have the King head/foot board. 

I know the mattresses aren't suppose to need flipping, but how about rotating? 
Is there anything different, support wise, if I rotated either of the above mentioned mattress head to toe? 
If I can that would increase the longevity of my investment.
Thanks for any and all advice. Karen


Hi Karen,
Lots of options, I see.
Well, You should rotate your mattress. The more frequently you do it, the more evenly it will wear.
However, you should have been doing that every month from the time it was new. 
Starting now, is far less effective, now that the comfort layers are so badly and unevenly worn.

To maximize your current investment, I suggest that you DO flip your mattress over before adding a latex topper.
The underside will provide firmer and more even support.
If you are going to change sizes when you buy your new mattress, get the queen size latex topper.
It fits across a king size and you can position it from the shoulder down for the best results.
(My wife and I travel with a Queen latex topper, which we use on hotel mattresses...fitting either a queen or king just fine).

The topper to get, is the EverEden Pure All Natural Vytex Dunlop Latex...2" Soft.
Shown here:

themattressexpert.com
Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.

At your current weight, I lean toward the Simmons Beautyrest Black Calista Extra Firm, simply for the sake of durability.
However, if you can manage to lose only 25 lbs., then the go with the Desiree Luxury Firm.
The Luxury Firm is better suited to the curves of the female body.
Those mattresses, shown here: 


themattressexpert.com
Simmons Beautyrest Black Mattresses are ON SALE with FREE DELIVERY from The Mattress Expert. Call today to place your order! 856-874-6894

UPS Delivery of the Latex topper is free and there's no sales tax.
Wait time is currently running approx. 1.5 weeks.

The Mattress comes with White Glove Delivery, including removal of the old mattress....also delivered free and without sales tax.
Wait time is approx. 2 weeks.




ALSO IMPORTANT:
I suggest using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will greatly extend the life and loft of the upholstery materials inside. Ours sleep cool and make NO Noise.
Shown here:

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments