A Mattress for Chemical Intolerant, Fibromyalgia and Back Pain.

Patricia writes:

Hello Peter,
I am a severe multiple chemical intolerant person.
The past few month or maybe the last full year, I've found myself with nothing to sleep on. 
I slept on floor for several years using a camping mat for under sleeping bags that were further padded with more blankets and such. 
Use to be able to use the egg crate item, until that began to be a problem. 
As time progressed ordered some sample of the organic latex (rubber) to determine if I could use it. That was in the late 90's. 
The problem with it was that the odor never dissipated. 
To this day the pillow still has a rubber like odor. 
That in itself is enough to keep one awake. 
I have bought some certi-pure mattresses that were of coils. 
I wound up with injured hip joint. 
I then try to pad the metal bed frame with anything I could get my hands on, to no avail. 
My hip joints blew up in pain. 
My fibromyalgia, joint degeneration, muscles, in shoulders, and neck, rib cage have all been severely compromised by trying to find something that will not make my agony worse. 
This last attempt was a "chemically safe" per their word, and the fact it didn't cause any known problems and no noticeable odors.....memory foam mattress. 
Only had it a month, the hip that had not been destroyed by the previous and different formats of some king of bedding for me, has now become a serious problem. 
Along with the fact that my shoulders got worse and it has caused problems down my arms and almost eliminated the use of my right hand. None of this makes sense I know. 
I am desperate. Now I have nothing again. Floor hurts me. 
I'm 75 years old, and have become so sleep deprived that I can barely function. 
I'm 5'2" and 130 lbs.
I stumbled into your website and really had hoped to find a solution. 
But I'm confused since I have back problems along with all the fibro and maybe what some might believe is turning arthritic, except the need for bedding has created most of that. 
If you have a suggestions after reading this I'd really appreciate it.
Patricia
 
Hi Patricia,
There is no single product that will do all you need to do.
The first thing, is the mattress for the purposes of support.
An individually pocketed coil system, with coils made of tempered steel, is important.
Such a coil system will contour to the shape of your body and maintain the natural alignment of your spine.
This type of coil unit will also give a bit easier at the hip and shoulder.
Your size mitigates in your favor. 
The mattress must provide reasonably firm support for your spine.
However, it doesn’t need to be so strong as to support a woman twice your weight.
This will make the cushioning of the surface much less complicated.

The second product it what you’ll use to soften the mattress.
Memory foam is absolutely worthless for this job.
Latex has always been the best.
But, even organic latex contains protein...an allergen that is naturally present in the sap from the rubber tree...from which latex foam is made.
For someone with your sensitivity, we will soften the surface of your mattress with 
Vytex Dunlop Latex. The Vytex process removes all of the protein from latex.
These latex toppers are finished in a sewn on cover. Odor is not a problem.
We use one at home. It has no smell.

These two products may, very well and quite often, are all that is needed.
Other than occasional rotation, they are maintenance free.
And, these products are extremely resilient, remaining like new for many years.

I on occasion, I have a customer with surface issues that are so advanced, that another product becomes necessary. Specifically, a Down comforter top.
This is used last, because it requires regular shaking to keep it fluffed up.
AND, usually needs to be replaced yearly.

The mattress to get is a two sided old fashioned mattress...using pocketed coils and plant based polyurethane foam...no chemicals.
The Wolf, Brooklyn Plush model is the one to get.
Shown here:

Old Fashioned made Two Sided Mattress that you can flip. Strong coil unit and NO Memory Foam. Durable for Plus Sized People. Works with Adjustable Bed Bases.
themattressexpert.com

The topper is the EverEden Pure, All Natural 3” Soft Vytex Dunlop Latex.
Shown here:

Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.
themattressexpert.com

You will need someone to help you bring these in and set them up.
These products arrive via FedEx and UPS.

Lastly, you’ll need something to support the mattress.
Certainly, you can always use the floor.
However, I recommend The Basic Black Platform Bed.
Shown here:

Basic Black Platform Bed BaseReplaces Bed Frame and Foundation (Boxspring)Measures 14" High, Allowing 10" of Storage SpaceSturdy ConstructionProvides Excellent Support for Any MattressEasy to AssembleFree - UPS or FedEx Delivery
themattressexpert.com

This requires assembly. It assembles easily, but you are likely to need someone on your end, to do that for you.

All this represents proper support and superior quality comfort.
It’ll be the best you can do, to get some semblance of a decent night’s sleep.
And based on previous reports by others who have not found sleep for reasons like yours, it’s a Godsend.

You can order those products online.
Delivery is free and there’s no sales tax.


ALSO IMPORTANT:
I suggest using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will greatly extend the life and loft of the upholstery materials inside. Ours sleep cool and make NO Noise.
Shown here:

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments