A Mattress for a Young Woman with Sciatica Pain from Disc Degradation.

Jake writes:

Hello Pete,
My wife and I are in our early-mid twenties, and we are looking for our first new king-sized mattress after having a very average queen that her mother bought us as a gift 3-4 years ago. 
My wife struggles on a nearly daily basis due to her sciatic nerve, and she has been diagnosed with disc degradation. 
I’m looking to get her a mattress that can help do its part in allaying her suffering. 
She’s about 5’7-5’8 and 180 lbs. 

We went to a La Quinta this last Thanksgiving, and that king-sized bed gave her the best night sleep she’s had in a long time. She liked how it was fairly firm. 
However, after perusing your website, I understand that memory foam beds like that won’t last very long. 
I don’t want to waste money on something that I’ll have to replace in a few years.

It seems like the Natura of Canada Greenspring line is a good option. 
I saw that the Plush was recommended in a blog, but as I mentioned, my wife prefers a bed to be a little more firm. Any thoughts? 
Are there any other of the Greenspring’s we should be looking at? 
I saw several of them. 
None of these would need a Latex topper, right?

We’re on a bit of a budget, so I can’t spend 3k+. 
That’s one of the reasons I’m looking at the Greenspring line. 
Thanks for your time. 
I’m just ready for my wife to finally start getting decent night sleeps again!!!
Jake

Hi Jake,
I get a lot of emails from people with disc problems.
But rarely from people as young as you and your wife.
It’s bad enough when you’re older, but to have a condition that isn’t self correcting at such an early age is nothing to take lightly.

The mattress at the LaQuinta is a Simmons Beautyrest, which uses an individually pocketed coil system. It contours to the body and maintains the natural alignment of the spine. But, as you’ve read, that brand doesn’t make a mattress that lasts very long.

The Natura of Canada Greenspring is the best of that type, using much higher quality components for much greater longevity.
I use one at home and live without back pain, despite several disc problems...problems that had caused me constant pain for years.

Which model, is the question.
As a side sleeper, the mattress must give enough at the hip to keep her spine aligned, as women are shaped where they flare at the hip.
At her size, she is unlikely to have slim hips.
As a side sleeper, The Plush EuroTop provides a top layer that will accommodate her best.

If she’s a back sleeper, the Plush or Ultra Plush would be better.
Keep in mind that due to the high density and resiliency of the components, all of these models are firmer than they sound.
Firm is hard
Plush is firm
Ultra Plush is more like what you described as being on the firmer side.

If she is a side sleeper, and with her back getting such an early start at this, 
The Firm EuroTop strikes me as the best choice.
Here’s the link to the line:

Greenspring Liberty Plush Euro Top. Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Plush Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together ...
themattressexpert.com

White Glove Delivery is free and there’s no sales tax.
Delivery takes between 3-4 weeks, as the mattress is made in Quebec.


ALSO IMPORTANT:
I suggest using a waterproof mattress protector with every mattress.
Keeping your mattress clean and dry will greatly extend the life and loft of the upholstery materials inside. Ours sleep cool and make NO Noise.
Shown here:


Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments