Looking to Replicate My Old Sealy Posturpedic Springfree Meadow Latex Mattress?

Cindy writes:

Hi Pete,
Can you let me know what mattress would be the most similar to the Sealy Postupedic Springfree Meadow 100% latex mattress? 
Or do you know the make of that mattress?  Best mattress I ever owned.  
I purchased a Saavy Rest and hate it even after two layer switches and buying a topper.  Kills my back.  
Trying to replicate my old mattress as close as possible, thank you!
Cindy


Hi Cindy,
Sealy is now owned by Tempurpedic and everything they make is loaded with memory foam.
Memory foam is a far inferior material than was not used in the old Sealy SpringFree line.
Many of these online latex mattresses, like Saavy Rest, Saatva and Bed in a Box, use Chinese made latex, where they use clay as a filler.
Clay is natural, which allows then to claim that.
However, the clay filler makes the latex cheaper, not as comfortable and not as long lasting.

You can’t replicate that mattress through Sealy, but you can get a high quality latex mattress, like this firm one from Natura of Canada.
The latex is US made.
You’ll be happy with the quality and feel of their Bourdolay Firm model.
Shown here:

themattressexpert.com
Level 2 – All Natural Latex Mattresses. Natura uses only the highest quality materials available for their Latex Mattresses….(No Chemicals and No Fillers)…with ...
Thanks, Pete

Thank you so much Pete for getting back to me.  I’m miserable. 
So you think the Natura Firm would be very similar to the Sealy Posturepedic Springfree Meadow that I had before?  
I hate spending this much money on something that I can’t sleep on. 


Thanks, Cindy


Hi Cindy,
I’ve been in this business for decades and am familiar with that Sealy mattress.
We used to be a Sealy/Stearns & Foster dealer.
We dropped the after Tempurpedic bought them.
 
It was a very high quality product...and so is Natura of Canada.
Since so much time has gone by, and you’re that much older, you may want to consider something that isn’t quite as firm.
The Bourdolay in Plush is still rather firm, just not quite as firm at the surface.
 
You’ll spend more time and money chasing after something with a comfort guarantee.
It’s the hook used to sell inferior merchandise.
And, when dealing with a retailer that offers it, you can easily end up with something that someone else had used and returned.
Despite being illegal, it happens all the time.
 
There is no one policing this industry.
If there were, toxic memory foam would be outlawed.
Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete,

I still have the Sealy, my son sleeps on it and every once in a while I have to sleep on it.  
It was perfect and still feels great but it’s a queen and I need a king now with my husband that snores and moves all over the place.  
I bought it 12 years ago.  So pissed that I bought this Saavy Rest mattress and no return policy!!  
That was the dumbest think I ever did.  
I did have a Temperpedic when they first came out, recommended by my chiropractor, purchased it at Brookstone.  
Loved it for a year, and then hated it.  The smell was awful but didn’t realize it was toxic chemical off-gassing at the time.  
I’ve done a lot of research and just don’t like the layers, how are you supposed to choose the right combo of layers, there are so many options.  
You have to sleep on mattresses for a little bit to see if it is going to work.  Of course it feels good in the store for 15 minutes.  
Do you know what was in the Sealy Springfree?  When I push on it, it is softer at the top and then I feel a very firm layer.  
I’ve considered cutting it open to see what the inside looks like.
Thank you for your help.  Is the Natura recommended below your product?  
I can’t find it on their web site.
Cindy
 
Hi Cindy,
After Sealy and S&F were purchased by Tempurpedic and went bad,
we went to the trade shows, looking for high quality alternatives.
Natura is an old Canadian company with high quality products.
We sleep on one of their other line mattresses...a Greenspring model.

I am a US online retailer...have been since 2003.

The little cush at the top of the Meadows mattress is from a little bit of poly foam.
The rest is synthetic latex. 
I hope that info prevents you from cutting it open.

The Natura uses blended latex...30% Natural, 70% Synthetic.
Synthetic latex is perfectly safe...a molecular clone of the natural.

These bed in a box options, where you get to pick your layers, is ludicrous.
Leaving that choice to be made by an average consumer is a recipe for disaster.
Most people don’t know the first thing about it and are highly unqualified to make that kind of decision. And, exchanging layers gets to be expensive.
And, what doctors know about mattresses can fit in a thimble.
There’s no way, a chiropractor should be recommending anything to anyone.
Memory foam is the worst upholstery material ever invented.
But then again, he didn’t know that.
Yet, not knowing didn’t stop him from making that recommendation.

There are two Natura franchises.
The one we sell is made in Quebec.
There is another, newer franchise made in Massachusetts.
The specifications are not the same between them.
After given the option of switching to the US plant, and after studying the differences in the specifications, I chose to remain with the Canadian plant.

If you do go with the Natura latex mattress...and choose the firm, only to later wish you had chosen the Plush, the surface can be softened with a separate, soft latex topper.
I find that most females, especially those a who are side sleepers, will be more comfortable on the Plush model.
Only the surface is softer. The mattress is, otherwise, quite firm.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments