Simmons Beautyrest or All Latex Mattress?

Dan writes:

Hey Pete,
Hello from California! I've been a fan of your website/blog for many years, now. 
You provide a great service to those who would otherwise have no guideposts in navigating the murky waters of purchasing a mattress.
Thank you for your ongoing efforts to educate the masses.

Unfortunately, I now find myself in the market for a new mattress set due to my wife and I getting a divorce. 
Some years ago, we purchased a Simmons Beautyrest Black mattress set. Even though it was a pillow-top, it was/is a hell of a mattress. 
I hadn't discovered your website until a few months after that purchase. We would have passed on the pillow-top, had we known prior to the purchase. However, as she is keeping that mattress set in the divorce, I get to take a do-over!

As much as I like the Black, it is a bit more than my budget will bear just now. 
So, I'm looking for a good quality, comfortable mattress at a more reasonable price.
Looking forward to your response. Thanks again for all the good work you do for us consumers.
Best regards, Dan

Hi Dan,
I'm sorry to hear of your trouble. Divorce is never easy and always expensive, even if it is for the best in the long run..
A mattress is a pressure sensitive item. That is to say, its wear is in direct relationship to the pressure placed upon it. 
The heavier a person is, the faster it wears out.
Conversely, if you are light in weight, even the pillowtops wear ok, as your Black model did for you.
Before recommending a mattress for you, it would be helpful to get your vitals...age, height and weight, and a list of any and all physical ailments.

Thanks, Pete

*********************************

Hi Pete,
Thanks for your prompt reply! I was hoping to hear back from you soon, but I didn't expect that it would be *so* soon! 
Thanks also for your words of comfort -- they are greatly appreciated.
Reading your response, I realized I failed to provide you with my "vitals." I'm 49, 5'11' and 225 lb. 
It wasn't that the pillow top on that mattress didn't develop a depression -- it surely did. 
However, the mattress never became uncomfortable, even after developing the depression.

Given my weight, would you recommend the Simmons Beautyrest Platinum Series Sandy Springs in Luxury Firm
Based on the info on your blog, it seems as if my weight is right on the border between a recommendation for the Platinum and Black models.
Note that the purchase of a soft Talalay 2" topper is a given and is part of my budget.
One more question, if you don't mind. 
My first preference has always been to purchase a latex mattress. 
Previously I thought it was either a Pure LatexBLISS mattress or bust, but a) the PLBs are definitely out of my budget.
Some blog reading, I did today, convinced me that the EverEden could work for me. 
I know you typically recommend the 2" soft Talalay topper. With the EverEden, would you also recommend the 2" topper for me?
What are the pros and cons with going with the 3" soft topper as opposed to the 2"?
I appreciate all your help -- thanks so much. 
I look forward to hearing from you. 
Best regards, Dan


Hi Dan,
If going with the Simmons Beautyrest Platinum Sandy Springs in Luxury Firm, the EverEden 2" soft Talalay latex topper will be a must for you.
The latex topper provides extra longevity, as well as surface comfort.
Here are links to that mattress and to the latex toppers:

themattressexpert.com
Beautyrest Recharge World Class Mattress is known for providing both comfort and support. Contact The Mattress Expert to order yours today! 856-874-6894
https://themattressexpert.com/talalay-dunlop-latextoppers/

themattressexpert.com
Soften the surface of a too firm mattress. Insulate yourself from the memory foam in your mattress to Sleep Cool. Extend the comfort life of your mattress.

I have an 8" EverEden latex mattress in my guest room, at home. It has a medium soft feel...comfort that suits me just fine.
EverEden's 9" model is recommended for females, as it's a bit softer on the hip. Hip sensitivities are more common with women that men.

The 3" soft topper provides a greater depth of softness. If you liked the more luxurious feel of the pillowtop, you would enjoy that too. 
On the down side, if you suffer from any kind of back problems, that extra depth of softness could aggregate it, as it has with others.
Here is the link to the EverEden Latex Mattresses.


************************************************

Hi Pete,
I have no back problems at all, (even after sleeping on a sofa for two months!)
I do enjoy the additional softness the pillowtop provided. 
It sounds like the 3" soft talalay topper would work well for me.

Thanks so much for all your assistance, Pete. 
One way or another, you folks will be receiving an order from me soon!
Best regards,
Dan


Thank you Dan,
Happy to help.
I'll be sure to process that order for you, just as soon as it comes over.


Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments