Stearns & Foster Estate Twila mattress with a Soft Latex Topper.

Joe writes:

Hi Pete,
I've been reading your blog posts with great interest. Compared to what I encounter when I go shopping, you seem to be the only person making any kind of sense of all about this.
My wife and I had a terrible experience with a Tempurpedic mattress and had to send it back. 
I got headaches from it right away and my wife's asthma worsened immediately after it was delivered. You're right about it being a dangerous product.
My parents have always had Stearns & Foster mattresses and swear by them. 
After spending a number of hours reading your blogs, I noticed that you used to recommend, regularly,  the Stearns & Foster Twila in luxury firm mattress with a 2" soft latex topper.
But I haven't seen that you've done so for a couple of year, or so. And, I don't see them on your website. 
Would you mind telling me why? After all that I've read, it sounds like the perfect fit, as it has no memory foam and my parent's approval. (They are buying this for us). 
We are average size, young and reasonably fit, with no physical ailments, other than my wife's asthma.
I would love to buy one of these, "sleep systems", as you call it, in king size. And, I'd like to buy it from you.
Quite frankly, your opinion is the only one I trust.
Can you help me with this? 
Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe...and thank you for that vote of confidence.
It was in 2013 that Tempurpedic bought Sealy, of which Stearns & Foster is a part. 
By January of 2014, the lines changed and everything now made by Sealy/S&F is loaded with Tempurpedic's memory foam, which you know gives you a headache.
Prior to all of that, S&F had been considered "The Cadillac of the Industry"...which had been the case for many decades.
Like your parents, I had always been a fan of the quality S&F produced. In fact, I grew up on a S&F mattress.
I loved selling them, because the end result was a satisfied customer. If you look at today's reviews for S&F, you'll see that is no longer true...lots of unhappy consumers.

I hated the thought of promoting a product that would contribute to the coffers of the Tempurpedic company, given their blatant disregard for the health and well being of the consumer.
Not to mention having my own reputation to consider. So, we stopped selling them. And, I can tell you that it isn't easy to find high quality these days.
And from ALL of the name brands...along with tons of lesser known brands that are using memory foam...it's impossible to find a mattress worth buying.

So, it was off to the trade shows, where we found the Natura of Canada brand.
Their Greenspring line offers a twice tempered pocketed coil mattress that is upholstered with natural latex.
No more headaches for you, and no worries about your wife's asthma.
My wife and have been home testing one of these mattresses for the past 14 months.
We are excellent test cases...both about 225 lbs. me with lots of disc related back problems, and my wife with a sensitive hip and asthma.
The result is a mattress that is still in like new conditions...and the best mattress we've ever tested for support and comfort.
Here is a link to that line of mattresses. I suggest the Plush Eurotop, as it is the most comfortable of the 5 available models.

themattressexpert.com
Greenspring Liberty Plush Euro Top. Experience deeper, more restorative sleep with the Liberty Plush Euro Mattress. Lush helpings of natural ingredients come together ...

Because the latex is IN the mattress, a separate latex topper purchase is not necessary. 
Not only is it a great mattress, it's an excellent value, as well.



Delivery is Free and there's NO SALES TAX

Protect your mattress from perspiration and other stains that will void the warranty of your new mattress.
Danican Waterproof Mattress Protectors Sleep Cool and Won't Shrink washed in hot water...fits up to 18"

Thanks, Pete

Phone: 1-856-874-6894
Email: themattressexpert@live.com

Factory Direct to You....
All Items Made Factory Fresh to Fill Your Order
Free Delivery Nationwide....NO SALES TAX.

Comments